MayaRich
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have an interview at the University of Surrey on the 15th. I know my personal statement in and out, and have 3-4 work experience cases to draw on.

Anything else I should do? I feel confident for the interview (MMI) but not sure if there's anything in particular to do in preparation.

Tips welcome! (Interview will be via Zoom)
rosiemoonlight
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MayaRich)
I have an interview at the University of Surrey on the 15th. I know my personal statement in and out, and have 3-4 work experience cases to draw on.

Anything else I should do? I feel confident for the interview (MMI) but not sure if there's anything in particular to do in preparation.

Why do you want to do veterinary medicine?
rosiemoonlight
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rosiemoonlight)
It also helps to know the ethics of vet med similar to that the four pillars of medicine (although these are slight different for veterinary). Especially with MMI
poppybg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm still waiting to hear anything from any of my choices yet, have you heard back from anyone else apart from surrey?
MayaRich
Rep:
?
(Original post by rosiemoonlight)
Thank you! Need to make sure I have a good response for this x
MayaRich
Rep:
?
(Original post by poppybg)
I'm still waiting to hear anything from any of my choices yet, have you heard back from anyone else apart from surrey?
Where did you apply? I applied to Cambridge, Notts, Bristol, RVC and Surrey. Interview with Surrey and Notts mid January. Got rejected forms Cambridge and haven’t heard from RVC and Bristol.
RambleAmple
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Where did you apply? I applied to Cambridge, Notts, Bristol, RVC and Surrey. Interview with Surrey and Notts mid January. Got rejected forms Cambridge and haven’t heard from RVC and Bristol.
Are those all for vet med? I thought notts has only given out vet med interviews for 14-18th December
MayaRich
Rep:
?
(Original post by RambleAmple)
Are those all for vet med? I thought notts has only given out vet med interviews for 14-18th December
Oops, sorry. I was half asleep when I replied! My interviews are 14-18 of December Yeah, all my choices are vet med
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Hi there Maya,

Congratulations on getting an interview here at the University of Surrey, I wish you all the best and I am sure you will smash it and do great You definitely sound prepared! Just make sure to remain calm as interviews can be quite daunting and also remember to look at the camera so you remain eye contact with the interviewer, you'll do great so don't worry

If you have any questions about Surrey, I would love to answer these for you. Once again, congratulations on getting an interview and I wish you all the best and hope to see you at Surrey next year

Becca (2nd Year Undergraduate Student)
MayaRich
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep)
Hi there Maya,

Congratulations on getting an interview here at the University of Surrey, I wish you all the best and I am sure you will smash it and do great You definitely sound prepared! Just make sure to remain calm as interviews can be quite daunting and also remember to look at the camera so you remain eye contact with the interviewer, you'll do great so don't worry

If you have any questions about Surrey, I would love to answer these for you. Once again, congratulations on getting an interview and I wish you all the best and hope to see you at Surrey next year

Becca (2nd Year Undergraduate Student)
Thanks so much for your reply, Becca! Are there any particular interview tips you recommend? I know you can’t be specific! I was wondering if Surrey is expensive? Especially in terms of rent?
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oops, sorry. I was half asleep when I replied! My interviews are 14-18 of December Yeah, all my choices are vet med
I thought you could only apply for 4 vet med courses?
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks so much for your reply, Becca! Are there any particular interview tips you recommend? I know you can’t be specific! I was wondering if Surrey is expensive? Especially in terms of rent?
Hi Maya, that's ok

I would recommend you looking at this website by UCAS, there is some information on here that may be helpful: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...ew-invitations

In terms of rent at Surrey, first year I was in Manor Park Band D accommodation which had an en-suite. I will attach a link for you to view the accommodation and see the virtual tour of the rooms and kitchen in each band The cheapest band is Band A and the most expensive I believe is Band F. https://www.surrey.ac.uk/accommodati...-accommodation

For second year renting from a estate agent can be very expensive as the deposit is a lot of money. I decided to get my house through University of Surrey Lettings (USL) they provide houses off campus and all bills are included. You have to apply around February time for this but there's more details here: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/lettings/us...ged-properties

I hope this helps

Becca
Wannabevet133
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can only apply to 4 vet med courses and 1 non med course... are you sure one of those isn’t biovet science or something because more than 4 isn’t allowed/ possible?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (84)
18.5%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (128)
28.19%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (167)
36.78%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (61)
13.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed