How long does it take to start receiving offers?

Watch
nyah.lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I sent in my application on november 29 and i've applied for chemistry at reading, york, surrey, southampton and queen mary. How long do y'all think it will take to start receiving offers?
casabonita
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
varies per uni, some are as quick as the same day but others will take months - probably march latest for most?
Mhazie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You'll probably get loads of people happily telling you they got offers within a week lol. For comparison, I put my application in on the 15th October and I've yet to hear from anyone. Several unis have said they won't be replying until after the January 15th deadline, and the absolute official deadline given by UCAS for university responses is 6th May 2021.
nyah.lou
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mhazie)
You'll probably get loads of people happily telling you they got offers within a week lol. For comparison, I put my application in on the 15th October and I've yet to hear from anyone. Several unis have said they won't be replying until after the January 15th deadline, and the absolute official deadline given by UCAS for university responses is 6th May 2020
that sucks so bad what's taking them so long lol
edaram
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nyah.lou)
I sent in my application on november 29 and i've applied for chemistry at reading, york, surrey, southampton and queen mary. How long do y'all think it will take to start receiving offers?
somewhere between a day and 8 months. A couple weeks ago a friend of mine applied to biochem at york and got a reply the next day, he had a super strong application but stay optimistic for an early york reply
nyah.lou
Rep:
?
(Original post by edaram)
somewhere between a day and 8 months. A couple weeks ago a friend of mine applied to biochem at york and got a reply the next day, he had a super strong application but stay optimistic for an early york reply
thank you!
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mhazie)
You'll probably get loads of people happily telling you they got offers within a week lol. For comparison, I put my application in on the 15th October and I've yet to hear from anyone. Several unis have said they won't be replying until after the January 15th deadline, and the absolute official deadline given by UCAS for university responses is 6th May 2021.
Here is mine:
Application submitted on 19/11/2020 01:15
First offer arrived on 30/11/2020 23:56
It took me 12 days
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (311)
55.94%
I don't have everything I need (245)
44.06%

Watched Threads