The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Admissions flags

I have looked at the contextual data on the website, and it says I will be flagged as I live in one of the 20% most deprived areas and am also a young carer. I just wanted to ask what the flags really do? I have emailed admissions but thought I would ask on here aswell. My course is quite competitive but I can't figure out wether it's just a signal to admissions officers that theres more to read or helps your application?
Thanks
The flags will just mean you’re eligible for a contextual offer. E.g. AAA to ABB, it’ll automatically show up for them
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
its a signal yes but i think admissions departments have their own policies

whatever achievements you have (grades, extras, reference) will be viewed as more impressive than they appear 'on paper' because you achieved them in light of difficult circumstances. you may get lower requirements in your offers, or receive an offer where previously you might not have
Reply 3
Original post by jackson222
The flags will just mean you’re eligible for a contextual offer. E.g. AAA to ABB, it’ll automatically show up for them

Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
its a signal yes but i think admissions departments have their own policies

whatever achievements you have (grades, extras, reference) will be viewed as more impressive than they appear 'on paper' because you achieved them in light of difficult circumstances. you may get lower requirements in your offers, or receive an offer where previously you might not have

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending