Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I realise there is a thread about this but I'm going to edge hill 2moro and as soon as I get there i'm applying for a transfer to Leeds Met, which was my insurance choice.

Can anyone see a problem with this? Because I need to be near my family for personal reasons now since my dad has been diagnosed with a disease that means he could die soon :|

if I told this to the unis would they understand my position??

Thanks in advance

Ant

ReputationRep:
    Course they would mate, just tell them your reasons.

I wish your dad the best in recovery man

ReputationRep:
    Cheers man, I really hope they do because I want to spend time with my family that i've got

ReputationRep:
    It is worth a shot, but you may not be able to get a place in leeds met as the term has already started there. Due to your circumstances, i think the best your uni can offer is defered entry.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt they'll defer it now I imagine it's too late :\ it's either they transfer me or defer it or i'll have to drop out and re apply next year

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the fact is they cannot force you stay there, but make sure u cancel your student loan asap. All the best for you, and your dad

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alot

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 20, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.