What’s the process for UCAS Applications after you have sent it off to your college

Watch
a.plane
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What’s the process for UCAS applications after they have been sent off to your college or sixth form.
Do they just double check through your information and add your references. As my tutor has said she will do my reference but I don’t know if it’s been done yet.
Emily_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It doesn't get sent off to the 6th form/college, it gets sent off to UCAS and then from there the universities. The 6th form/college just gets notified that you've submitted it and they need to add the reference in. Pretty sure there's something on there when you log back in which says whether or not the reference has been added.
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by a.plane)
What’s the process for UCAS applications after they have been sent off to your college or sixth form.
Do they just double check through your information and add your references. As my tutor has said she will do my reference but I don’t know if it’s been done yet.
So after you complete all the sections and pay, it gets sent to your college/sixth form, then they check through it and add references as you said, then they send it off (at my school they arrange a meeting with you so you can actually press the ‘send’ button)
It sounds like your tutor will add the reference when it comes through, you could always ask her when it’s likely to be sent off by
a.plane
Rep:
?
So I checked UCAS and it said my application is approved my coordinator/referee
And it also says “your reference has not yet been started” so what does that mean.

Thanks in advance ☺️
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by a.plane)
So I checked UCAS and it said my application is approved my coordinator/referee
And it also says “your reference has not yet been started” so what does that mean.

Thanks in advance ☺️
So it basically means that your referee has approved your application but hasn’t put your reference into UCAS yet, nothing to worry about!
a.plane
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
So it basically means that your referee has approved your application but hasn’t put your reference into UCAS yet, nothing to worry about!
Thank you 😊
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Emily_B)
It doesn't get sent off to the 6th form/college
Nonsense.

Once you pay/send, it goes immediately to your school/college so that they can check it and add your predicted grades and reference. *Then* it goes to UCAS.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (75)
17.81%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (121)
28.74%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.35%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.09%

Watched Threads