My maintenance loan, I don't know what to do

Watch
frz17
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

I'll need your help ... To contextualize it, I'm a first-year university student, and I moved to England for two and a half years (I used to live in France before). I opened my bank account with Natwest last August (3 months ago). I am a student and I don't have a job on the side, and I live in a family that is small enough but not enough to support myself as a student.

I live in a student residence and have to pay rent every 3 months. I paid for the first 3 months, but in January I have to pay my rent. As here, they consider me as an international student, I do not have access to the maintenance loan, so I turn to my bank to do my student loan, at Natwest, but they tell me that they cannot do it ... I do not know what to do. I don't have enough money to last for the next few months. What should I do?

Thank you
Last edited by frz17; 1 month ago
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by frz17)
Hello,

I'll need your help ... To contextualize it, I'm a first-year university student, and I moved to England for two and a half years (I used to live in France before). I opened my bank account with Natwest last August (3 months ago). I am a student and I don't have a job on the side, and I live in a family that is small enough but not enough to support myself as a student.

I live in a student residence and have to pay rent every 3 months. I paid for the first 3 months, but in January I have to pay my rent. As here, they consider me as an international student, I do not have access to the maintenance loan, so I turn to my bank to do my student loan, at Natwest, but they tell me that they cannot do it ... I do not know what to do. I don't have enough money to last for the next few months. What should I do?

Thank you
Your uni should have a hardship fund you should be able to access. Try contacting your personal tutor for some advice and maybe she can help support your application for the hardship fund etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (431)
56.64%
I don't have everything I need (330)
43.36%

Watched Threads