The Student Room Group

sexuality

I'm really confused about my sexuality. I know I am sexually attracted to both boys and girls.
However with boys I only become sexually attracted to them when I've established an emotional bond first. Where as with girls I don't need a bond to feel sexual attraction. its a lot harder for me to develop romantic bonds with girls then guys. I wouldn't say its impossible for me to be romantically interested in a girl it just hasn't happened yet. I also feel more comfortable around girls then boys.
As you can see I am so very confused can someone please help me understand what's my sexuality. I am a 17 year old girl by the way.
Reply 1
first of all sexuality is a spectrum so it is very normal to feel like this!! I know many people who experience something similar, so you are not alone at all :smile: you might be demisexual (on the ace spectrum) towards males and demiromantic (on the aromantic spectrum) towards girls. Ultimately, how you choose to label yourself is up to you, but I have found that in my experience using an umbrella term as queer or sapphic has worked as a label for me rather than trying to perfectly define my sexuality (I too find it very confusing haha) best of luck :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mait
first of all sexuality is a spectrum so it is very normal to feel like this!! I know many people who experience something similar, so you are not alone at all :smile: you might be demisexual (on the ace spectrum) towards males and demiromantic (on the aromantic spectrum) towards girls. Ultimately, how you choose to label yourself is up to you, but I have found that in my experience using an umbrella term as queer or sapphic has worked as a label for me rather than trying to perfectly define my sexuality (I too find it very confusing haha) best of luck :smile:

thank you so much. this is so helpful, I didn't even know about these umbrella terms but they actually comfort me a lot to know other people feel the same as me. thank you again <33

Quick Reply

Latest