Tres-2b
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm really confused about my sexuality. I know I am sexually attracted to both boys and girls.
However with boys I only become sexually attracted to them when I've established an emotional bond first. Where as with girls I don't need a bond to feel sexual attraction. its a lot harder for me to develop romantic bonds with girls then guys. I wouldn't say its impossible for me to be romantically interested in a girl it just hasn't happened yet. I also feel more comfortable around girls then boys.
As you can see I am so very confused can someone please help me understand what's my sexuality. I am a 17 year old girl by the way.
mait
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
first of all sexuality is a spectrum so it is very normal to feel like this!! I know many people who experience something similar, so you are not alone at all you might be demisexual (on the ace spectrum) towards males and demiromantic (on the aromantic spectrum) towards girls. Ultimately, how you choose to label yourself is up to you, but I have found that in my experience using an umbrella term as queer or sapphic has worked as a label for me rather than trying to perfectly define my sexuality (I too find it very confusing haha) best of luck
Last edited by mait; 1 month ago
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tres-2b)
I'm really confused about my sexuality. I know I am sexually attracted to both boys and girls.
However with boys I only become sexually attracted to them when I've established an emotional bond first. Where as with girls I don't need a bond to feel sexual attraction. its a lot harder for me to develop romantic bonds with girls then guys. I wouldn't say its impossible for me to be romantically interested in a girl it just hasn't happened yet. I also feel more comfortable around girls then boys.
As you can see I am so very confused can someone please help me understand what's my sexuality. I am a 17 year old girl by the way.
You seem to have a pretty good idea of how you feel, which is the main thing. You don't need to find a perfect label, since a lot of the time people don't fit into one exact label. I'd say you're some combination of bisexual/demisexual/demiromantic, but these umbrella terms don't really allow you to specify the difference in your attractions between genders. I personally use lesbian/Sapphic, but it took me a long time to pick those labels and I'm still not convinced they're the right ones, so don't worry if you can't put a name on it. Your feelings are perfectly valid whether you find a suitable label or not
Tres-2b
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by mait)
first of all sexuality is a spectrum so it is very normal to feel like this!! I know many people who experience something similar, so you are not alone at all you might be demisexual (on the ace spectrum) towards males and demiromantic (on the aromantic spectrum) towards girls. Ultimately, how you choose to label yourself is up to you, but I have found that in my experience using an umbrella term as queer or sapphic has worked as a label for me rather than trying to perfectly define my sexuality (I too find it very confusing haha) best of luck
thank you so much. this is so helpful, I didn't even know about these umbrella terms but they actually comfort me a lot to know other people feel the same as me. thank you again <33
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (219)
55.87%
I don't have everything I need (173)
44.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed