BoiNeedsSomeMilk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
subject
Mathematics, 30.06.2019 04:00 Legrand4423
The sector aob of a circle is shown. the length of its arc ab is 8pi cm. the sector is folded so that the straight edges meet and form a cone. calculate the radius of the base of the cone.
old_engineer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BoiNeedsSomeMilk)
subject
The sector aob of a circle is shown. the length of its arc ab is 8pi cm. the sector is folded so that the straight edges meet and form a cone. calculate the radius of the base of the cone.
If you're having trouble visualising this, I would suggest sketching the sector, cutting in out and rolling into the cone shape. Then you should see the relationship between the arc length of the sector and the circumference of the base of the cone.
BoiNeedsSomeMilk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by old_engineer)
If you're having trouble visualising this, I would suggest sketching the sector, cutting in out and rolling into the cone shape. Then you should see the relationship between the arc length of the sector and the circumference of the base of the cone.
use maths
yums_96
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BoiNeedsSomeMilk)
subject
if the arc ab is 8pi, then the circumference of the base of the cone is 8pi, therefore 2pi*r = 8pi, then r = 4 by rearrangement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (197)
57.43%
I don't have everything I need (146)
42.57%

Watched Threads