Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the process of applying for a job at a Starbucks in London and I was wondering if anyone on here already works at a Starbucks. Is the pay okay? Is the worst possible place to work ever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaphMB)
    I'm in the process of applying for a job at a Starbucks in London and I was wondering if anyone on here already works at a Starbucks. Is the pay okay? Is the worst possible place to work ever?
    I dont work for Starbucks, but I can answer your last question, its probably not the worse possible place to work (unless youre allergic to coffee or sugar) because I think it won an award this year for being one of the best companies to work for.

ReputationRep:
    I live by a small town without a Starbucks in sight

ReputationRep:
    no i dont work for them, but i applied there at 2 different starbucks. Neither got back to me to even tell me i was unsuccessful or not

I don't work there personally although I submitted an application form yesterday but I have friends who do and they say it's a great place to work.

Not to mention the fact that one of them gives me a free iced latté when I go see her.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, this sounds good so far...

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who works there and says it's very good, the pay's great, the benefits are decent

Plus you get to take food home at the end of the day :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchedEdge)
    I have a friend who works there and says it's very good, the pay's great, the benefits are decent

Plus you get to take food home at the end of the day :p:
    which is actually a sackable offence...so i wouldn't brag about your friend doing it really.

i work for starbucks, have done for coming up to 3 years. it's a great place to work, good benefits and the pay isn't bad. the base rate is something like 5.45 an hour, but they add on 10p, 20p or 30p depending on what kind of zone you work in. after three months that goes up and i'm now on 6.05 an hour. it can be hard work sometimes, but what job isn't? it's definitely not a horrible place to work though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kobrakai)
    which is actually a sackable offence...so i wouldn't brag about your friend doing it really.

i work for starbucks, have done for coming up to 3 years. it's a great place to work, good benefits and the pay isn't bad. the base rate is something like 5.45 an hour, but they add on 10p, 20p or 30p depending on what kind of zone you work in. after three months that goes up and i'm now on 6.05 an hour. it can be hard work sometimes, but what job isn't? it's definitely not a horrible place to work though.
    Even if the food's out of date?

ReputationRep:
    Even if the food's out of date?
    yup. it'll have been marked out as waste, and gone through the till as waste so it really should go straight to the bin and not into a bag and taken home.

i don't think anyone actually checks to see if every single scrap is actually in a bin bag, but some managers are very, very strict about it and some are pretty lenient. it's all luck of the draw really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kobrakai)
    yup. it'll have been marked out as waste, and gone through the till as waste so it really should go straight to the bin and not into a bag and taken home.

i don't think anyone actually checks to see if every single scrap is actually in a bin bag, but some managers are very, very strict about it and some are pretty lenient. it's all luck of the draw really.
    Bit silly really, if it's going to be chucked away surely it'd be better to pass it on to someone who'd actually eat it? Ah well :o:

ReputationRep:
    Bit silly really, if it's going to be chucked away surely it'd be better to pass it on to someone who'd actually eat it? Ah well :o:
    maybe so and a lot of people take that approach. but for some reason head office can't see it that way...

i once threw out over £200 worth of food after one very slow day. that hurt. a lot. just thinking it could've gone to someone who actually needed food instead of into a bin bag was painful.

ReputationRep:
    I work at starbucks! I love it, it's dead fun and the pay is alright and benefits are pretty good (free coffee, loike!). depends on the shop though, I reckon, where I work isn't that busy and I'm still shattered by the end of a long shift.

boss company to work for though, they're really good to their employees. they transferred me to manchester in a flash, no problems.

ReputationRep:
    the base rate is £5.60/hour now, btw. true about the food, they should do what pret a manger do, and give the leftover food to the homeless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    boss company to work for though, they're really good to their employees. they transferred me to manchester in a flash, no problems.
    same here. although i wasn't too keen on my store in leeds when i first transferred. i love it now though, i work with a much better team than what i started with!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies everyone, you've been a great help.

ReputationRep:
    Wish you good luck on your application. Besides working in any company will train you on how you can become a good employee. (am dreaming of working @ starbucks but i don't think am still qualified)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.