alevel20203
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am currently studying alevels in Leicestershire and am looking for work experience within the marketing industry. This would simply be for experience and would give me a wider understanding within the industry.

Thank you.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alevel20203)
I am currently studying alevels in Leicestershire and am looking for work experience within the marketing industry. This would simply be for experience and would give me a wider understanding within the industry.

Thank you.
Where abouts in Leicestershire are you
alevel20203
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
Where abouts in Leicestershire are you
Lutterworth
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lutterworth
Not a million miles from me then (I'm over the border in Derbyshire. Although I work in Leicestershire).

How about tying your local newspapers etc. They may have marketing roles where you would do some work experience. Indeed seem to have a lot of marketing type stuff on there. Yes they are vacancies- but it will give you an idea of what companies are in the area for you to approach for work experience.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello.
Try searching online for some interesting advertising job descriptions. Find out if there are any current vacancies to fill. Read your local newspapers too in case. Also consider taking on temp freelance work as well. Develop your skills.
Buff your resume up and do not waste time either applying for marketing positions. Make sure to also briefly scan the personal specification and make a note of the essential qualities that are required to succeed. Figure out how to ace a real job interview too. Ensure that you have actually read the entire job advert properly.
Trust your gut impression in addition. Read some company reviews online on a site which is called Glass door. Then try to find out a few more details about the company. Get hold of a couple of recommended career advice books from a local library etc in addition.
See if your resume successfully can be improved on. Have a trusted careers expert look at it and then kindly offer you some more helpful tips and handy recommendations for modification and improvement too. Take it from there. After each mock interview get feedback.
Brush up on your interview skills and technique in case. It will help a lot trust me on this. Get a copy of a written feedback report on your overall performance afterwards. Read it carefully looking for any handy pieces of advice. Analyse all of it. Use the information to your advantage in your preparation for the big day. Expect all types of questions about skills and so on. Smile.
blogr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Thank you.
One way of getting marketing experience is to create your own marketing blog! This could be your own website or via instagram. It's a great way to test out skills and learn from others in the marketing scene. Expanding your network in this way can also get your foot in the door with employers too! @helloblogr on Instagram has details on tips and tricks for your blog, and we also have marketing blogs on there that you could connect with
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (224)
55.86%
I don't have everything I need (177)
44.14%

Watched Threads