winxgf
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I really want to get into my desired uni for law. But when I tried on Arbitio and the LNAT test thing I got around 19/20 which is awful. I'm so worried, I don't know what to do. I know it's an APTITUDE test but mine's on Dec 17th and I don't know what to do
Mikos
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's worth noting that Arbitio is regarded to be harder than the real thing. A lower score on Arbitio would more than likely translate to a higher score on the real thing, so I don't think you're in as bad of a position as you believe.
nyx2911
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied to Durham for law with achieved grades( I’m an international applicant) and I was scoring 18-24 on arbitio too. I got a conditional ( just need to send them my IELTS scorecard) offer a month after I gave the LNAT. I’m sure you’ll do much better on the real test- at the same time different unis have different criterion for making their decision

You’ve got 2 whole weeks- that’s great- try to do one arbitio test everyday and don’t forget writing my essays
Last edited by nyx2911; 1 month ago
winxgf
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Mikos)
It's worth noting that Arbitio is regarded to be harder than the real thing. A lower score on Arbitio would more than likely translate to a higher score on the real thing, so I don't think you're in as bad of a position as you believe.
(Original post by nyx2911)
I applied to Durham for law with achieved grades( I’m an international applicant) and I was scoring 18-24 on arbitio too. I got a conditional ( just need to send them my IELTS scorecard) offer a month after I gave the LNAT. I’m sure you’ll do much better on the real test- at the same time different unis have different criterion for making their decision

You’ve got 2 whole weeks- that’s great- try to do one arbitio test everyday and don’t forget writing my essays
ok, thank u guys!! ill practice every day then. how long are you supposed to spend on each question? because I feel like with the whole multiple choice thing, I get really anxious and try to read fast/answer fast. By the time I'm finished, I have so much time left.
nyx2911
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by winxgf)
ok, thank u guys!! ill practice every day then. how long are you supposed to spend on each question? because I feel like with the whole multiple choice thing, I get really anxious and try to read fast/answer fast. By the time I'm finished, I have so much time left.
1-2 minutes is ideal, try to use elimination. Read the question carefully and learn to distinguish facts from opinion etc. for each passage 5-8 minutes would work.
Towards the end I had only 2 strong options after eliminating the others-this really helps.
Last edited by nyx2911; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (79)
18.29%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.7%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (162)
37.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.5%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise