Napier press sociology work books enough for A

Watch
Mazzzix
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,I'm studying sociology at A level and was wondering if I learn all the content on each napier press sociology workbook, will I get an A? Does it have all the content I would need? Of course I know there are other things like exam practice that will get me an A, but I'm just talking about content-wise.Any help would be appreciated!
danae02
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mazzzix)
Hello,I'm studying sociology at A level and was wondering if I learn all the content on each napier press sociology workbook, will I get an A? Does it have all the content I would need? Of course I know there are other things like exam practice that will get me an A, but I'm just talking about content-wise.Any help would be appreciated!
Hi! In my experience the best thing you can do with those Napier Press books is cut the information down A LOT. It does have all the information needed however those books are so unnecessarily wordy (my revision document for every topic except Beliefs in Society is about 70 pages long- those books are 300/400 pages long if I remember correctly, lol). If you cut down the content of those books to just what is actually relevant, it makes it so much easier and I wouldn’t see why you couldn’t get an A, with good exam technique of course. Just remember as well to always get evaluation points for everything (sometimes the Napier books don’t have good critique points so I sometimes go on websites like revisesociology or tutor2u where they have some good ones). It’s always good to do a little extra reading around certain things as well from another source, for example if you don’t understand the way something is written in the Napier book, then make sure to go elsewhere so that you definitely understand the concept. Sociology is so content heavy but I promise you’ll get there! Good luck
Mazzzix
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by danae02)
Hi! In my experience the best thing you can do with those Napier Press books is cut the information down A LOT. It does have all the information needed however those books are so unnecessarily wordy (my revision document for every topic except Beliefs in Society is about 70 pages long- those books are 300/400 pages long if I remember correctly, lol). If you cut down the content of those books to just what is actually relevant, it makes it so much easier and I wouldn’t see why you couldn’t get an A, with good exam technique of course. Just remember as well to always get evaluation points for everything (sometimes the Napier books don’t have good critique points so I sometimes go on websites like revisesociology or tutor2u where they have some good ones). It’s always good to do a little extra reading around certain things as well from another source, for example if you don’t understand the way something is written in the Napier book, then make sure to go elsewhere so that you definitely understand the concept. Sociology is so content heavy but I promise you’ll get there! Good luck
Thanks so much for replying!
That's interesting, my teacher actually said that the napier press text/work books actually lack information, and that to create a good revision resource I would have to combine it with the Ken Browne textbook. Do you think I'm wasting time doing it this way? Yeah sociology is so content heavy!!
danae02
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mazzzix)
Thanks so much for replying!
That's interesting, my teacher actually said that the napier press text/work books actually lack information, and that to create a good revision resource I would have to combine it with the Ken Browne textbook. Do you think I'm wasting time doing it this way? Yeah sociology is so content heavy!!
Lol that is weird It wouldn’t hurt using information from other books for sure, but I’ve never used any other text book and still haven’t got below a B, that might just be because my teacher prefers the Napier books so she’s never made us use anything other than them. Maybe if you prefer the Napier book then use that to do the bulk of your revision resources, but then if there’s anything you don’t understand or feel you need to add to, you could use another source. That way it won’t take so much time but hopefully you’ll have a good understanding of each topic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (332)
55.61%
I don't have everything I need (265)
44.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed