Ella colbourne
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
“Cancer could soon be cured if we find ways to treat patients with drugs that simultaneously target multiple hallmarks”. Evaluate the way in which three different cancer hallmarks or enabling characteristics (of your choice) can be successfully targeted with different drugs. Use specific evidence to argue whether you agree or disagree with this statement.

Could anyone help me with this question please? Its a 2500 essay, any pointers will be appreciated.
NicoleDV
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You could discuss checkpoint inhibitors which is targetting specific phases of the cell division cycle to stop the constant signalling for growth of new cells. Targetting angiogenesis to stop the formation of new blood vessels which would inhibit the growth of the tumor and stop nutrients being delivered to it.
Ella colbourne
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by NicoleDV)
You could discuss checkpoint inhibitors which is targetting specific phases of the cell division cycle to stop the constant signalling for growth of new cells. Targetting angiogenesis to stop the formation of new blood vessels which would inhibit the growth of the tumor and stop nutrients being delivered to it.
That's a very good point, thank you so much for helping!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (235)
56.63%
I don't have everything I need (180)
43.37%

Watched Threads