ssafi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I am applying to study Psychology at University and would like some pointers as to what to include in my personal statement.

My subjects are English Literature, Psychology and Biology. My work experience includes working at a tuition centre for ages 4-16, Nuffield research placement (study on factors affecting miscarriage incidence) and heartlands resource centre (helping people with disabilities) and later volunteered there twice a week for approximately 5 weeks. I also completed the Engineering Education Scheme and am currently doing the Aston STEM progression pathway.

with this information and experience, is there anything that stands out to make me suitable for the course or will make me stand out against other candidates.

Thank you
Izzy120902
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ssafi)
Hello, I am applying to study Psychology at University and would like some pointers as to what to include in my personal statement.

My subjects are English Literature, Psychology and Biology. My work experience includes working at a tuition centre for ages 4-16, Nuffield research placement (study on factors affecting miscarriage incidence) and heartlands resource centre (helping people with disabilities) and later volunteered there twice a week for approximately 5 weeks. I also completed the Engineering Education Scheme and am currently doing the Aston STEM progression pathway.

with this information and experience, is there anything that stands out to make me suitable for the course or will make me stand out against other candidates.

Thank you
All your experience sounds great - wow! I would just try and link everything back to psychology and find something from each of the things you’ve done that would be either relevant to the study of psychology as a degree or that has given you a skill that allows you to work in the psychology field or that will help you on your course. E.g. working with people is a great skill from volunteering, or research from your research placement as psychology is very research based etc. Psychology could be included in STEM so maybe play on that and just show that you have gained lots of skills which will enhance your ability to succeed in your course etc. Hope this helps!
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Check out this guidance on a psych PS https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6213912
ssafi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Izzy120902)
All your experience sounds great - wow! I would just try and link everything back to psychology and find something from each of the things you’ve done that would be either relevant to the study of psychology as a degree or that has given you a skill that allows you to work in the psychology field or that will help you on your course. E.g. working with people is a great skill from volunteering, or research from your research placement as psychology is very research based etc. Psychology could be included in STEM so maybe play on that and just show that you have gained lots of skills which will enhance your ability to succeed in your course etc. Hope this helps!
Thank you, I will take this into consideration whilst writing it out
ssafi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
Check out this guidance on a psych PS https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6213912
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (74)
17.7%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (121)
28.95%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (158)
37.8%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.11%

Watched Threads