I’m so far behind I don’t know what to do

Watch
ewpfs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m in Yr13 studying English, History, and Classics. I was an A* student before lockdown but due to lockdown+mental health+ family stuff I’ve fell behind.

I feel like I don’t know where to start. I still have content from lockdown I never got around to finishing for all 3 subjects. I have homework daily. I have a mock in 2 weeks and then a mock period from Jan 8th-16th. I have coursework due in.

I don’t know what to do or where to start. I just want to give up and quit because it’s all too much.
Keir Starmer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ewpfs)
I’m in Yr13 studying English, History, and Classics. I was an A* student before lockdown but due to lockdown+mental health+ family stuff I’ve fell behind.

I feel like I don’t know where to start. I still have content from lockdown I never got around to finishing for all 3 subjects. I have homework daily. I have a mock in 2 weeks and then a mock period from Jan 8th-16th. I have coursework due in.

I don’t know what to do or where to start. I just want to give up and quit because it’s all too much.
Firstly, I think it is important that you communicate your worries with the teachers at sixth form. If I were in your position, I would ask for an extension to the coursework deadline so you can really focus on these mocks. With the homework, it would be good if you could tell the teacher about your situation and they might be willing to ease off for a short while. This should free up some time.

When it comes to exams I know it can be hard, especially after lockdown because I am also in year 13 right now. If you are looking for the best and most efficient way to revise I would highly recommend a youtuber called Ali Abdaal, his revision videos saved my September mock grades. Have a look at all his revision videos especially active recall, spaced repetition, retrospective timetable.
Unlike many youtubers he skips through all the rubbish such a focusing on aesthetics of flashcards.

If you look at his videos please let me know how you found them. I'm happy to address any other worries you might have.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (246)
57.34%
I don't have everything I need (183)
42.66%

Watched Threads