Relationship advice

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Am I wrong for spending less effort with a girl that could have been something but didn't?

Here's the backstory:
This girl was into me. I got her contact details and invited her over. We smoked and I said some stuff I shouldn't have. I said 'I felt like I was fake'. She assumed this meant my sexuality. But it didn't. At the time I was questioning the purpose of my existence and how I was always acting fine when I wasn't. Questioning if anything I had ever decided was my own choice and not me just being a construct of my environment. It was a tough time.

After this, she decided we should be friends and I accepted. Now, before we met up I was texting her and being engaged and interested. She was doing the same and there was an effort on both ends to keep the conversation going - not in a forced way. When she decided that we were friends she wanted to keep texting, but I noticed there was less effort from her. She gave closed statements and I would just read it an not respond. The reason for this is I don't like to force conversation if the other person isn't interested.

We work together and when we were both in she raised this with me and I told her she gave a closed statement and she seemed annoyed.

Now, my reasoning at the time was since this wouldn't be anything more than a friendship I treated her like one of the guys. She would come over and talk with me a lot and over share and I wouldn't give much of a reply. Because I don't care that much. In my head, if it's not going to be anything more than a friendship I'm not interested. It's not that she isn't interesting, but I don't want to spend my time hearing her problems when I've got my own stuff to do. She would come and complain to me a lot and I'm just not interested. She picked up on this and seemed annoyed.

Should I tell her my reasoning?
bored_101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would say be honest with her and try and reason.
This is not much but I hope this helps
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (36)
17.22%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (61)
29.19%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (81)
38.76%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
12.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.39%

Watched Threads