The Student Room Group

Question about smoking/dangers etc

I bought a new build home a few months ago and my next door neighbour smokes. He always smokes outside. He’s in his late 20’s/ 30’s and seems the arrogant type the way he walks etc. Like he’l walk to the middle of the street with a cigarette then just throw it on the road. He also throws them on my path/against my wall I found 12 the other day. It’s a shame as it’s a nice area/ the street was very clean before he arrived.

I guess I wanted to ask the following. I’m quite an hyperchondriac. Sometimes when I get home I can smell his smoke even though he smokes about 10 feet away. What’s my risk in terms of second hand smoke? If I’m getting like whiffs of the smell through the day when I go outside? Btw Im not sheltered I went to school where people smoked I’m just asking as all you ever hear is bad stuff about smoking.

My second question is how badly will it affect my drains? He is throwing his stumps down and around the street drain in front of his house. Will this have an impact on me?

It’s annoying as there’s **** all I can do about all this really in reality.
Original post by Anonymous
I bought a new build home a few months ago and my next door neighbour smokes. He always smokes outside. He’s in his late 20’s/ 30’s and seems the arrogant type the way he walks etc. Like he’l walk to the middle of the street with a cigarette then just throw it on the road. He also throws them on my path/against my wall I found 12 the other day. It’s a shame as it’s a nice area/ the street was very clean before he arrived.

I guess I wanted to ask the following. I’m quite an hyperchondriac. Sometimes when I get home I can smell his smoke even though he smokes about 10 feet away. What’s my risk in terms of second hand smoke? If I’m getting like whiffs of the smell through the day when I go outside? Btw Im not sheltered I went to school where people smoked I’m just asking as all you ever hear is bad stuff about smoking.

My second question is how badly will it affect my drains? He is throwing his stumps down and around the street drain in front of his house. Will this have an impact on me?

It’s annoying as there’s **** all I can do about all this really in reality.

It does have a bit of an effect on you. I found this website:
https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/secondhand_smoke/health_effects/index.htm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending