What are my chances of getting an unconditional?

Watch
Nept23
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I'm currently a first-year at a different university. I'm an EU student with pre-settled status and will therefore pay Scottish fees. I've achieved the grades A* A* A in Maths, FM and Comp Sci respectively. I've applied for a Maths degree with 2nd year entry in the 2021-22 academic year. I should be classed as a false start. How much chance have I got of receiving an unconditional offer? Thank you!

Edit: I've been assigned a Flag.
Last edited by Nept23; 1 month ago
Nept23
Rep:
?
Bump
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it'd most likely be conditional on your performance in your first year.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nept23)
Hello, I'm currently a first-year at a different university. I'm an EU student with pre-settled status and will therefore pay Scottish fees. I've achieved the grades A* A* A in Maths, FM and Comp Sci respectively. I've applied for a Maths degree with 2nd year entry in the 2021-22 academic year. I should be classed as a false start. How much chance have I got of receiving an unconditional offer? Thank you!

Edit: I've been assigned a Flag.
Kinda low. I know people who achieved A*A*A* and didn't get an unconditional offer. What's particularly special about you?
Nept23
Rep:
?
(Original post by _gcx)
it'd most likely be conditional on your performance in your first year.
Thanks for the reply! But I don't think so, they would still accept students who dropped half-way throughout the year. Plus, I've received an unconditional offer from Bristol uni. I'm just wondering how much chance I have of being given any offer here at Edinburgh since they don't accept a lot of EU students.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Kinda low. I know people who achieved A*A*A* and didn't get an unconditional offer. What's particularly special about you?
achieved or predicted? If you have A*A*A* achieved there's nothing to have the offer conditional on. (bar say STEP or similar)

OP is in a different boat anyway due to currently being at another uni.
Nept23
Rep:
?
(Original post by _gcx)
achieved or predicted? If you have A*A*A* achieved there's nothing to have the offer conditional on. (bar say STEP or similar)

OP is in a different boat anyway due to currently being at another uni.
I've achieved those grades. And actually, no. I'm in the same boat as new students as Edinburgh class 1st years at a different university as new applicants
Edit: Sorry, ignore the grade part. I thought u were talking to me
Nept23
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks for replying. Not sure honestly, I haven't got any outstanding achievements
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (49)
17.75%
No one else does (87)
31.52%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.14%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (93)
33.7%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.17%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.54%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.17%

Watched Threads