Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which is better frontpage or dreamweaver! Im planning to make a website on one of the two which is better

And after i make the website how do i get it on the net

Dreamweaver. Without a doubt.

Frontpage sucks balls.

ReputationRep:
    If you're a student, you can get Microsoft Expression Studio (Expression Web replaced Frontpage) for free through Microsoft Dreamspark.

Personally notepad is the way to go.

ReputationRep:
    Dreamweaver definitely. Only go for Frontpage if you have no idea about computers or how to work them/want to make a really crap website. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Dreamweaver has quite a lot of nice templates if you're not too good at designing your own.

To get it on the net you will have to pay for hosting with a company and for the domain. edit: unless you have your own server which im assuming you don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)

Frontpage sucks balls.
    QFT

ReputationRep:
    Dreamweaver.

Really easy to use as well.

One of my friends at college tried making a website with Publisher I know its possible but wouldn't validate and was wondering why.

(Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    QFT
    I feel bad that I had to google that.
    :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Neither! Learn HTML/CSS to minimize useless code. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninja-lewis)
    If you're a student, you can get Microsoft Expression Studio (Expression Web replaced Frontpage) for free through Microsoft Dreamspark.

Personally notepad is the way to go.
    Gotta love notepad its free and you know the website is all your own work.
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    Notepad++ is what its called I think. Excellent piece of software. But anyway, Dreamweaver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sohanshah)
    Notepad++ is what its called I think. Excellent piece of software. But anyway, Dreamweaver.
    I meant the notepad that comes free with windows! But I suppose that would do the same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seventytimes_7)
    Gotta love notepad its free and you know the website is all your own work.

How do i use notepad i mean sorry dont seem to sound soo dumb! Im not that dumb! Just suppose i have already bought my domain name and web host now? Where do i have to go to start using html and all? I know everything else just cant figure this out!

ReputationRep:
    Dreamweaver but I don't use either.

Loads of ways to get your site on the net:

- find a free hosting company
    - buy some server space off a hosting company
    - get some software off the internet to run a web server through your home IP address

and more.

ReputationRep:
    Notepad is all HTML and tags I think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)

Frontpage sucks balls.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    if you know HTML then basically just type out your html of notepad and save it as index.html or whatever name but with the .html on the end, then when you open that file it will be a webpage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seventytimes_7)
    if you know HTML then basically just type out your html of notepad and save it as index.html or whatever name but with the .html on the end, then when you open that file it will be a webpage!

Ohh ok so then how do i make my domain and webpage connect and webhost if u knw wat i mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abhi100)
    Ohh ok so then how do i make my domain and webpage connect and webhost if u knw wat i mean
    Well what scenario are you in? You could use an FTP client... this basically transfers files from your PC to the host server. or some web hosters give you an online html uploader/writer like plesk.

ReputationRep:
    Dreamweaver!!!!!!!
    Although I much rather prefer to code websites completely from scratch, Its not that hard.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 21, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.