The Student Room Group

CV

I’m 16 and want to apply for my first job but I’m scared for when they ask for references because I don’t really know anyone. I’ve been told to ask a teacher or something like that but I’m not really close with any of my teachers or even form tutor they barely know me I’m just in their classes so what should I do if they end up asking for a reference for the job?
(edited 3 years ago)
Do your parents have friends that have met you? perhaps they would be suitable.
If you are involved in any extracurricular activities outside of school such as a sports team you could ask your coach for a reference or if you are in Explorer Scouts you could ask your leaders for a reference.
Use extra curricular activities.
Original post by Nickijane12
I’m 16 and want to apply for my first job but I’m scared for when they ask for references because I don’t really know anyone. I’ve been told to ask a teacher or something like that but I’m not really close with any of my teachers or even form tutor they barely know me I’m just in their classes so what should I do if they end up asking for a reference for the job?

Its common to ask teachers or references. Your teachers will have done it before.
Your best bet will be to ask your form teacher or head of year.
For another reference- do you go to any clubs, teams, societies etc? If you can get someone from there to give you a reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending