Nickijane12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m 16 and want to apply for my first job but I’m scared for when they ask for references because I don’t really know anyone. I’ve been told to ask a teacher or something like that but I’m not really close with any of my teachers or even form tutor they barely know me I’m just in their classes so what should I do if they end up asking for a reference for the job?
Last edited by Nickijane12; 1 month ago
Hellllpppp
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do your parents have friends that have met you? perhaps they would be suitable.
Flynn Mathews
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you are involved in any extracurricular activities outside of school such as a sports team you could ask your coach for a reference or if you are in Explorer Scouts you could ask your leaders for a reference.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Use extra curricular activities.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nickijane12)
I’m 16 and want to apply for my first job but I’m scared for when they ask for references because I don’t really know anyone. I’ve been told to ask a teacher or something like that but I’m not really close with any of my teachers or even form tutor they barely know me I’m just in their classes so what should I do if they end up asking for a reference for the job?
Its common to ask teachers or references. Your teachers will have done it before.
Your best bet will be to ask your form teacher or head of year.
For another reference- do you go to any clubs, teams, societies etc? If you can get someone from there to give you a reference.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise