The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When a circle in the crowd appears, avoid it at all costs!

Also, avoid the really fat people. It sounds prejudice I know but they get sweatier and it gets all over you and urghh! If it's a girl you'll get her boobs in your face and if it's a guy you'll get moobs because he will take his shirt off. I one had a large sweaty man press up behind me and ask if I could feel his erection :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:
Reply 21
Sick Puppy

Also, avoid the really fat people. It sounds prejudice I know but they get sweatier and it gets all over you and urghh! If it's a girl you'll get her boobs in your face and if it's a guy you'll get moobs because he will take his shirt off. I one had a large sweaty man press up behind me and ask if I could feel his erection :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

:eek:
Reply 22
nadiah
:eek:

Mosh pits are made of win!

Plus you get bruises so you look tough :biggrin:

Only at TBS I got a good whack in the face and not so much as the teeniest bruise for my pain :frown: Gutted.

You're half Scottish and half Palestinian. Conflict's in your blood. :p:
I saw Slayer a couple of years ago and the whole set I had some 15 year old girl kicking and punching about behind me when I was on the rails at the front, shame it wasn't a guy... could've just head butted them back then. If you don't like pits head for the back or sides.
Reply 24
HCD
You're half Scottish and half Palestinian. Conflict's in your blood. :p:

hahaha :biggrin:

It's ironic though that I HATE confrontation XD
Reply 25
My friends are metalheads, and they say that if you fall over, people will usually grab and pull you up by any means possible - because if they didn't you'd die :smile:
Sick Puppy

yeah, sorry about that
Medibot
My friends are metalheads, and they say that if you fall over, people will usually grab and pull you up by any means possible - because if they didn't you'd die :smile:

'Tis an unwritten rule of moshing: you fall, someone around about must go out of their way to get you back to your feet again. Then they generally go on to hunt you down and return you to the floor, whereby the entire process repeats itself. :p:
Reply 28
Im going too!!! :biggrin: Well dno if its at the same place but I'm going to see Enter Shikari!

Saw them last year....and gotta be honest the crowd was one of the roughest I have ever been in....

If you fall over, thats it, seriously....you will get flattened! You will be covered in bruises, dragged into mosh pits where people pull you hair and stamp on your feet! And avoid the railings because the whole crowd will crush you against them, girl by me had an asthma attack and was dragged out! :s-smilie:

And you do not need to stand, everyone is soooo close to you their bodies will hold you up! You will get plastered in sweat, booze, blood and whatever else is flying about at the time...oooh the contents of glowsticks will be splattered over youl!

Also, drink looooads before you go in....at Enter Shikari last time I literally crawled to McD's in dehydration and asked for the largest thing of water they could sell me! :biggrin:

Have fun!!!

Are you going to cardiff by any chance??! :biggrin:

EDIT you will get flattened, but like other posters have said, people do help you up :smile:
Reply 29
Captain Biggles
'Tis an unwritten rule of moshing: you fall, someone around about must go out of their way to get you back to your feet again. Then they generally go on to hunt you down and return you to the floor, whereby the entire process repeats itself. :p:

It's so true :p:
I once got squished by some huge fat guy and thought I was gonna die, there was a massive pile up of people just falling over XD. There was like 2 guys just yanking EVERYONE up, it was so funny. :biggrin:
nadiah
I once got squished by some huge fat guy and thought I was gonna die, there was a massive pile up of people just falling over XD. There was like 2 guys just yanking EVERYONE up, it was so funny. :biggrin:

That would be quite a sight to see!!! :p:
Reply 31
Captain Biggles
That would be quite a sight to see!!! :p:

haha indeed :biggrin:
I started to feel myself fall and was like "oh ******" and then this huge dude kind of flopped on top of me...Thankfully because we were all tightly packed together it was kind of a 'slow fall' so it didn't hurt :p:
Yeah just jump when everyone else does, if your so squashed together you won't fall lol
Reply 33
It's easy to avoid a pit if it starts near you, just stay to the sides and everyone who wants to pit will generally run past you. However you should give it a try, it doesn't hurt nearly as much as it looks like it does and is generally a lot of fun!
Reply 34
Dude, it's Enter Shikari...
everyone will just be sitting in the corner crying and playing pokémon on their gameboys
Moshing is great fun, just read the rules. Haha. Things like this happen...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CAep4VS40qo&feature=related

Also, hope that they don't try to pull off a 'Wall of Death'.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jqK_0BbZGJY&feature=related

(Don't be the person in the middle. :p:)
Reply 36
Tricky_Tree
Yeah just jump when everyone else does, if your so squashed together you won't fall lol

i'd just like to point out that this isn't necessarily the case lol
when i went to see Trivium, we were in such a situation, and i still managed to hit the deck, and then had everyone else jumping on top of me, and falling over haha

GOOD times :cool:
Epic Win
i'd just like to point out that this isn't necessarily the case lol
when i went to see Trivium, we were in such a situation, and i still managed to hit the deck, and then had everyone else jumping on top of me, and falling over haha

GOOD times :cool:

Ouch! I was so crushed during Rage Against The Machine, it was pretty impossible to fall over as you got carried around..great fun though!
Reply 38
Tricky_Tree
Ouch! I was so crushed during Rage Against The Machine, it was pretty impossible to fall over as you got carried around..great fun though!

:yy: that, my friend, is ALL that matters :thrasher:
Rock On

Latest