Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
this is a long story so I will summarise.

I moved into my student house with three other girls in September. Due to them three attending house parties during lockdown, I stayed at the house alone as I did not want to risk getting a fine or catching COVID (as I was still seeing my family when possible). Due to me staying at the house alone, my mental health got so bad I had one night alone where I had to go back to my hometown 40 minutes away to stay at home.
I’ve decided to stay at home and not return to the student house. None of the girls bothered to check up on me, they knew about my mental health and I thought they were true friends. Since I have left, they have still been going to house parties, the police have taken their names and numbers and they have done a number of COVID tests.

A month of not communicating at all, I get a message saying they want £39 from me for bills. I’ve been paying my rent and intend to do so until I get someone to take my spot in the house or until the end of tenancy. I don’t think I should pay anymore than any standard set payment, especially since they have been having mates round to the house for drinks.

I’ve emailed the landlord and am awaiting their advice.

Should I pay the bills?
Should I refuse?
Help me please!!
Tizzytizzie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What do you mean, You say you will pay but question if you should pay.....? 🤔

Why do you question if you should/shouldn’t pay?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Tizzytizzie)
What do you mean, You say you will pay but question if you should pay.....? 🤔

Why do you question if you should/shouldn’t pay?
I said I’d pay the standard charge which is usually a few pounds. I want to know if I should pay my whole part of the bills. So the electricity etc they’re using
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (53)
17.97%
No one else does (92)
31.19%
I'm embarrassed about my background (32)
10.85%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (99)
33.56%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.03%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.03%

Watched Threads