LizJ1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is French or Spanish easier/better? I love both of them but i don't know if taking two languages is too difficult when I have to do plenty of other subjects.
chessielil
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
is this for gcse? i am in year 11 and am taking french and german, it isn't too bad taking both, i would say it depends on your expected grades though, because you really need to want to do a second language to be able to get good grades in both. i would say they are probably about the same difficulty, as they are both for gcse. did you do a language in ks3, if so which one?
BetterSnow
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LizJ1)
Is French or Spanish easier/better? I love both of them but i don't know if taking two languages is too difficult when I have to do plenty of other subjects.
I took both french and german gcse, and although I got a 9 in french and only a 7 in german, I didn't find the workload too much at all. It's all down to personal preference. I took the two of them cos out of all the alternatives they were the ones I enjoyed the most so I didn't hesitate to pick them. If you enjoy both french and spanish equally, and prefer them over the alternatives, then there's nothing wrong with taking both. At gcse, it's all about studying what you enjoy.
chessielil
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BetterSnow)
I took both french and german gcse, and although I got a 9 in french and only a 7 in german, I didn't find the workload too much at all. It's all down to personal preference. I took the two of them cos out of all the alternatives they were the ones I enjoyed the most so I didn't hesitate to pick them. If you enjoy both french and spanish equally, and prefer them over the alternatives, then there's nothing wrong with taking both. At gcse, it's all about studying what you enjoy.
i completely agree, i'm the same with the grades
they're definitely great subjects to take if you are interested in them
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
French trumps Spanish
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.21%
I don't have everything I need (140)
41.79%

Watched Threads