Saersha18
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So my predicteds are BBB, not so great tbf but I know that I’ll be able to get better grades than that when I sit for my exams. I’m wondering if I have a chance of getting into 2 unis that requires AAB, one of them being UCL and the other Durham. The course isn’t competitive and I’ve got a good personal statement and references. Do I have a chance? Ps, my AS levels were ABB
c1student
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yh i think you do stand a fair chance - these 2 will be your aspirational chances on your UCAS application. just make sure your other 2 are your predicted grades and try and get 1 below your predicted grades for safety

good luck for your application!
Tashax2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Saersha18)
So my predicteds are BBB, not so great tbf but I know that I’ll be able to get better grades than that when I sit for my exams. I’m wondering if I have a chance of getting into 2 unis that requires AAB, one of them being UCL and the other Durham. The course isn’t competitive and I’ve got a good personal statement and references. Do I have a chance? Ps, my AS levels were ABB
2 grades below the Entry requirements is a lot , do you qualify for contextual?
Saersha18
Rep:
?
(Original post by c1student)
yh i think you do stand a fair chance - these 2 will be your aspirational chances on your UCAS application. just make sure your other 2 are your predicted grades and try and get 1 below your predicted grades for safety

good luck for your application!
Actually haven’t thought about applying to any that’s a grade below, thank you so much
Saersha18
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tashax2)
2 grades below the Entry requirements is a lot , do you qualify for contextual?
Nope, I’m an international student so I can’t qualify for it
Tashax2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Saersha18)
Nope, I’m an international student so I can’t qualify for it
Maybe only apply to one uni where you’re 2 grades below them 1 where you’re 1 then 2-3 your grades then 1 backup
Saersha18
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tashax2)
Maybe only apply to one uni where you’re 2 grades below them 1 where you’re 1 then 2-3 your grades then 1 backup
Thank you for this tip!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (40)
18.18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (62)
28.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (84)
38.18%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (29)
13.18%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.27%

Watched Threads