NellietheDogue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My predicted grades for A level are ABB, was curious as to which Universities I should apply for? Will definitely be applying for Sussex as it is my closest Uni, but I am unsure about other options. For a short while I fancied doing PPE at Sussex, as it would have incorporated my A levels (Philosophy, English Lang and Lit, and Maths) together nicely. Only I haven't really enjoyed Maths, so it seems unwise to pursue it further. Law is something I've liked since GCSE. I'm apprehensive about moving away from home, but if I have to, I will.
Last edited by NellietheDogue; 1 month ago
rkinnaird033
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NellietheDogue)
My predicted grades for A level are ABB, was curious as to which Universities I should apply for? Will definitely be applying for Sussex as it is my closest Uni, but I am unsure about other options. For a short while I fancied doing PPE at Sussex, as it would have incorporated my A levels (Philosophy, English Lang and Lit, and Maths) together nicely. Only I haven't really enjoyed Maths, so it seems unwise to pursue it further. Law is something I've liked since GCSE. I'm apprehensive about moving away from home, but if I have to, I will.
Ulster University requires an ABB for Law, maybe you could apply there?
Tinders
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lots of places in London will give you ABB, thinking places like Brunel, Goldsmiths (I think) and the like. Also maybe consider Lancaster? Their offer is AAB but they are a highly prestigious uni so maybe it's worth a shot.
curls03
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am in a similar position with predicted grades of AAB (although I'm hoping to push that to AAA).
I decided to apply to:
Uni of Leicester - AAB
Nottingham Trent - BBB
Uni of Leeds - AAA
I'm still unsure of other places to apply mainly because I personally don't want to go too far south or be in an unfamiliar place, but when researching universities I found that Royal Holloway offers ABB-AAB (i think) and universities like Northumbria (ABB) and Lancaster, Kent etc. are considered good.
I would recommend looking at the league tables and to research the reputation of the university, also there is an article about the most employable universities for law (just search that) which I found useful as it shows some non-Russel group universities that are still in that list,
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi @nelliethedogue,

I'd recommend that you check out the law degree at Lancaster! I have lots of friends doing the degree and they really enjoy it. We're 1st for Graduate Prospects in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2021), and you can find out more about the modules, the purpose-built mock-court room and additional services here.

You can also chat to current students studying the course here. The entry requirements are AAB, but it might be worth a look to see the kinds of modules offered across a range of different universities.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help!

Maria
2nd year English literature, Creative Writing and Practice student (placement year)
StudentRep Canterbury
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya, just to add to this discussion. Kent's requires AAA-ABB for law. Also, At Kent Law School at the University of Kent, you are guaranteed an outstanding quality of teaching as Kent is awarded a gold, the highest rating, in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework. Earlier this year, Kent Law School was ranked 16th out of 101 UK law schools in The Guardian University Guide’s for law and The Law School has an excellent global reputation for law – ranked 58th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019. As well as, this Uni of Kent is one of the few universities that has it's very own Law Clinic for their Law School, which means not only are you supervised by Law Clinic solicitors but you will also be able to gain experience on how to apply your learning to real-life cases by working in the Law Clinic on campus.
NellietheDogue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by curls03)
I am in a similar position with predicted grades of AAB (although I'm hoping to push that to AAA).
I decided to apply to:
Uni of Leicester - AAB
Nottingham Trent - BBB
Uni of Leeds - AAA
I'm still unsure of other places to apply mainly because I personally don't want to go too far south or be in an unfamiliar place, but when researching universities I found that Royal Holloway offers ABB-AAB (i think) and universities like Northumbria (ABB) and Lancaster, Kent etc. are considered good.
I would recommend looking at the league tables and to research the reputation of the university, also there is an article about the most employable universities for law (just search that) which I found useful as it shows some non-Russel group universities that are still in that list,
Have you received any offers yet? I will have a look at Nottingham and Kent and possibly Lancaster too. I am curious as to what student accommodation would be like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (22)
13.5%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (44)
26.99%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (68)
41.72%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (24)
14.72%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed