boyfriend ghosting me for best friend

Watch
baby.bear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
ugh okay so basically just want to rant lol

he’s currently on FaceTime with his “girl bestie” even though she’s a complete home wrecker.

she’s sent me multiple texts threatening me to break up with my boyfriend so that she can have him. i showed these to my boyfriend and he just said she was joking.

i just feel like he constantly sides with her? am i being selfish?

we’ve been together nearly two years and everything is really great apart from her. i just feel bad asking him to not spend as much time with her, especially because she’s made her intentions clear?

any advice? :/
ruru06
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
leave him and omg are you the girl who made a thread about a guy who kept on asking you for nudes and if so sorry i went anon idk if anyone from my school is on here and the info my friend told me was very fresh and i was told not to tell anyone
baby.bear
Rep:
?
(Original post by ruru06)
leave him and omg are you the girl who made a thread about a guy who kept on asking you for nudes and if so sorry i went anon idk if anyone from my school is on here and the info my friend told me was very fresh and i was told not to tell anyone
possibly? there’s been a few threads like that so who knows haha!
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Erm, do you understand what ghosting is?

That's not what is happening here as your boyfriend is still talking with you!
baby.bear
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
Erm, do you understand what ghosting is?

That's not what is happening here as your boyfriend is still talking with you!
he is actually ghosting me! he deliberately ignores my messages when he’s with her/on FaceTime with her.
MrSandyWilly
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by baby.bear)
he is actually ghosting me! he deliberately ignores my messages when he’s with her/on FaceTime with her.
Is it not ok for him to reply a bit later when he’s busy?
baby.bear
Rep:
?
(Original post by MrSandyWilly)
Is it not ok for him to reply a bit later when he’s busy?
of course it is!

if you read the original post, you’ll see what the issue is. it’s not him not replying, that really doesn’t matter. it’s more the fact he’s constantly siding with a girl who wants to come between us.
*****deadness
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

he’s currently on FaceTime with his “girl bestie” even though she’s a complete home wrecker.

she’s sent me multiple texts threatening me to break up with my boyfriend so that she can have him. i showed these to my boyfriend and he just said she was joking.

we’ve been together nearly two years and everything is really great apart from her. i just feel bad asking him to not spend as much time with her, especially because she’s made her intentions clear?

I'd be annoyed at the very least too if I were you, although there's not a lot you can do. Since everything is really great otherwise you should try to brush it off and avoid making a big fuss which would ruin the relationship
baby.bear
Rep:
?
(Original post by *****deadness)
I'd be annoyed at the very least too if I were you, although there's not a lot you can do. Since everything is really great otherwise you should try to brush it off and avoid making a big fuss which would ruin the relationship
that’s what i have been doing! i don’t want to turn it into a massive thing, but i can’t help but feel constantly on edge because she’s made her intentions clear. he could come home after being with her and she could’ve kissed him or something. i don’t trust her and it’s creating tension!
*****deadness
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
that’s what i have been doing! i don’t want to turn it into a massive thing, but i can’t help but feel constantly on edge because she’s made her intentions clear. he could come home after being with her and she could’ve kissed him or something. i don’t trust her and it’s creating tension!
Huh I thought they only facetimed. This is worse than I thought then. Still, he has his personal space and he'll say this if you complain, so just try not to overthink this
baby.bear
Rep:
?
Huh I thought they only facetimed. This is worse than I thought then. Still, he has his personal space and he'll say this if you complain, so just try not to overthink this
yeah i know.

i don’t want to stop him spending time with her, they are friends and that’s perfectly fine! i just wish he’d acknowledge her intentions. she’s told me that her intention is to come between us and he’s still saying she’s joking. i just wish he’d side with me and see it from where I’m sat for a moment!
*****deadness
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah i know.

i don’t want to stop him spending time with her, they are friends and that’s perfectly fine! i just wish he’d acknowledge her intentions. she’s told me that her intention is to come between us and he’s still saying she’s joking. i just wish he’d side with me and see it from where I’m sat for a moment!
To say she's not joking he'd have to take it seriously and it'd damage their friendship which of course he doesn't want, so it's normal that he's brushing it off. And if I were you I'd remind him she's just his friend and not alienate her as someone who's trying to come between you two
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dump him and key her car?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago

This just seems so immature on his side. Honestly I am a 16yo guy and if this was happening to me, I would have run for the hills by now. I see a relationship as developing with your other half on so many emotional levels and this just seems so immature and silly. It's not even banter or anything she is just being toxic and he seems to be also by just letting it happen. Some guys at my age just see a relationship as a bit of fun and happy to play many girls at once, but I see relationships for the long term and very sensible when it comes to girls and how I would interact with a gf. Just depends on what kind of guy u want ig. And trust u can find guys around 15/16 who do see a relationship as something mature and long term such as myself so just be assured that there are other guys out there
baby.bear
Rep:
?
To say she's not joking he'd have to take it seriously and it'd damage their friendship which of course he doesn't want, so it's normal that he's brushing it off. And if I were you I'd remind him she's just his friend and not alienate her as someone who's trying to come between you two
i just don’t see how that’s possible. she’s sent me multiple messages expressing that she wants to come between us. i don’t see how he can just shrug that off? idk haha
baby.bear
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Dump him and key her car?
lmao id love to get back at her, but i don’t want to stoop to her level haha!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
lmao id love to get back at her, but i don’t want to stoop to her level haha!
Very good morals!
baby.bear
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
This just seems so immature on his side. Honestly I am a 16yo guy and if this was happening to me, I would have run for the hills by now. I see a relationship as developing with your other half on so many emotional levels and this just seems so immature and silly. It's not even banter or anything she is just being toxic and he seems to be also by just letting it happen. Some guys at my age just see a relationship as a bit of fun and happy to play many girls at once, but I see relationships for the long term and very sensible when it comes to girls and how I would interact with a gf. Just depends on what kind of guy u want ig. And trust u can find guys around 15/16 who do see a relationship as something mature and long term such as myself so just be assured that there are other guys out there
yeah i get that! it’s just weird because we’ve been together almost 2 years and she’s never tried anything like this before. it started happening since lockdown. i don’t want to leave him because our whole relationship is great apart from the fact she’s around ahah
*****deadness
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i just don’t see how that’s possible. she’s sent me multiple messages expressing that she wants to come between us. i don’t see how he can just shrug that off? idk haha
Maybe because he doesn't sense it when he talks to her or he still wants to be friends with her so decides not to do anything
baby.bear
Rep:
?
Maybe because he doesn't sense it when he talks to her or he still wants to be friends with her so decides not to do anything
ive shown him the messages. he just says she’s joking. im not saying they can’t be friends, i just want him to acknowledge that she may have some toxic intentions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (37)
17.45%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (62)
29.25%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (82)
38.68%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
12.26%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.36%

Watched Threads