I was kicked out, can I still apply to uni?

Watch
username5463726
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, as the title suggests I was kicked out by my mother, I’m so grateful and lucky to have friends who love me and their parents who are sweet and have always offered me a place when this has happened before. My mother made me go to therapy against my will, insisting to professionals I needed help despite their opinion. Before being kicked out I had many restrictions, such as a 6pm curfew despite turning 18. I tried my best to be a good son, I got straight A’s, I stuck to my curfew, no drinking or drugs, I never wanted this to happen. However, I acknowledge I’m probably better off away from such dire situations .

Essentially my question is can I still go to university? I’ve already applied and just waiting to see if I’m accepted. I’m truly passionate about bettering myself. It’s my escape and I’ve always wanted to go. Will the universities send forms to my old residence, is there anyway to change my address? Has anyone had any experience. Thank you so much.
Last edited by username5463726; 1 month ago
username5463726
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Yes your uni application will be unaffected and could do you good.
Is there a social worker involved and school know?
Contact UCAS and ask them to change your address.
Do you have somewhere to stay until uni?

You can also consider having your mail forwarded.

Priority is somewhere to stay and I strongly suggest you getting social services involved. You can use this to help with your student loan application and maybe they will help with a place in a hostel. You are close enough now where things can be fine. Nine to ten months only. Four to five till exams.
I luckily do have the ability to permanently stay with friends and since it’s only a new situation I don’t think I want to get my school or social workers involved yet with home that this isn’t permanent despite how my situation is
username5463726
Rep:
?
Then you are creating issues for yourself and missing out on finance if your intention is to go to uni. Your choice.
I understand you’re trying to be helpful but as of this moment I hope this isn’t a permanent situation, if it looks that way then I will make this happen. I don’t want to blow the situation up because I’m hoping that I will be welcomed back home. I know you have good intentions but being rude about it isn’t really what I need at the moment. Thank you all the same
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gloomettee)
I understand you’re trying to be helpful but as of this moment I hope this isn’t a permanent situation, if it looks that way then I will make this happen. I don’t want to blow the situation up because I’m hoping that I will be welcomed back home. I know you have good intentions but being rude about it isn’t really what I need at the moment. Thank you all the same
Nah its fine GL and I will avoid you in future. I thought you were after advice, but you have it all sorted. Not really a good use of either of our time. People can only advise on what you post, if you choose to keep information to yourself, then they cant take into account what they dont know about.
Its called drip feeding.
username5463726
Rep:
?
Nah its fine GL and I will avoid you in future. I thought you were after advice, but you have it all sorted. Not really a good use of either of our time. People can only advise on what you post, if you choose to keep information to yourself, then they cant take into account what they dont know about.
Its called drip feeding.
I was looking for advice, I’m just hopeful that my situation will revert back to its original state, apologies you don’t like that. I’m grateful for the advice you’ve given and am taking that into account. I just calmly stated that I didn’t want to rush because I am hopeful that I can still live with my parent. As of right now I don’t technically have permanent residence and am sleeping on the floor, although I’m thrilled to have found a place at all tonight. Truly I don’t think you’re being considerate, you just sound upset that I didn’t immediately call social services. I don’t want that to be the case, once again I’m hopeful that something can be sorted out despite differences. If this becomes permanent of course I’ll take your advice, I’m thinking logically, rationally before I act after this extremely emotionally supporting day. I believe I was incredibly open about what had happened, truly my hope seems to support unrealistic options but I was entirely honest, I’m not drip feeding, apologies you feel that way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (420)
56.68%
I don't have everything I need (321)
43.32%

Watched Threads