Incapable of catching feelings- is it possible?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im 19 and literally never liked any guys who has told me that they’re interested back. I do find guys attractive but never on a deeper, personal level. Im beginning to think i simply cant catch feelings for people.

Help!?
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You're 19 - there's plenty of time for you to find someone who floats your boat
No need to worry too much about it, it's much better to wait for someone you really like anyway:hugs:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by becausethenight)
You're 19 - there's plenty of time for you to find someone who floats your boat
No need to worry too much about it, it's much better to wait for someone you really like anyway:hugs:
Im scared I’ll never like someone! I think what im looking for doesnt exist
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im scared I’ll never like someone! I think what im looking for doesnt exist
What makes you think that?
You could always try taking the plunge if someone asks you out again and seeing if your feelings change as you get to know the person?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by becausethenight)
What makes you think that?
You could always try taking the plunge if someone asks you out again and seeing if your feelings change as you get to know the person?
I’ve just never liked ANYONE, everyone i know has had at least a small crush, but not me. Plus guys have asked me out and told me it’s because we have a deeper connection, but i just dont feel it??

I did try that once and omg it ended in disaster I told them that i just want to get to know them more, which they took as a definite yes and told everyone we know that we were together, which we werent!
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve just never liked ANYONE, everyone i know has had at least a small crush, but not me. Plus guys have asked me out and told me it’s because we have a deeper connection, but i just dont feel it??

I did try that once and omg it ended in disaster I told them that i just want to get to know them more, which they took as a definite yes and told everyone we know that we were together, which we werent!
It really could just be because you've never met the right person. Equally some people happen to be aromantic and don't feel romantic attraction; that might be something you want to look into, even if it's not right for you? http://wiki.asexuality.org/Aromantic_FAQ

The guy you went out with in that case sounds like a bit of a ****, though!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I don’t catch feelings, I catch flights
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise