The Student Room Group

What kind of things do should I take when staying in halls?

I am one of the least organised people in the world, so I’d probably end up forgetting to take something important with me. Basically what all should I bring?
one tshirt, one sock, one shoe, a pair of shorts, and a water bottle
Original post by Sarah_272
I am one of the least organised people in the world, so I’d probably end up forgetting to take something important with me. Basically what all should I bring?

Hiya!

I found that the best way to pack for uni was to go around my room in sections so start at my wardrobe, then my shoes, then my joggers/ tracksuits/ pyjamas, then make up/ toiletries, and this seemed to work well for me so that I didn't forget anything! Then I made a basic kitchen/ living list (e.g. 2 plates, 1 pasta bowl, 1 cereal bowl, set of 4 cutlery, kitchen utensils, baking trays, cups, mugs, washing powder and detergent).

I also bought a heated clothes horse which has been very useful to dry my clothes throughout my whole stay at uni and would highly recommend! Make sure you have a list of what you need on your phone as you'll always be thinking of random things to add to it!

Best of luck! Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending