What CGP books do I buy ?

Watch this thread
Aja_pineaple
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m in year 9 and doing my GCSE in 2022 (triple science) and I’m going to buy some CGP books to help me. Can I still use the ones for 2016? Are they all the same?
I’m just a bit confused, so if anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated.
H2k20
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aja_pineaple)
I’m in year 9 and doing my GCSE in 2022 (triple science) and I’m going to buy some CGP books to help me. Can I still use the ones for 2016? Are they all the same?
I’m just a bit confused, so if anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated.
Yh go ahead the CGP books are great revision tool.
Use it to learn the content.
But to revise effectively mix in a few Exam Questions.
And try to make your own revision tool. I recommend going on YouTube and seeing a revision technique called Active recall. This is the best revision technique i swear down.
BarnabyK
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
None of them.

Don't get me wrong, they can be incredibly useful for LAST MINUTE revision, and reviews, but you really really REALLY should not be using them as a base for actual revision. Get the official/endorsed/whatever textbook, it goes into far more salient detail (which is what you will need if you are aiming for 8-9, and you're on TSR so I'm automatically going to assume that's the case)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (93)
20.09%
The paper was reasonable (177)
38.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.7%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
15.98%

Watched Threads