meowlucy99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have to research current educational issues in primary education for an interview for university. Any idea on what I could look at or good websites to use? Thanks!
karen193
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have a look at the website 'more than a score' : they campaign against testing children.

SEN needs are always a good area to consider- it's on the rise!

EAL is another area worth looking at- visit the website NALDIC or The Bell Foundation

A large one at the moment is Corona virus and the impact this has had on pupil learning - there should be some statistics online.

Also look at children's identities- pronouns, how they choose to identify and the issues surrounding this e.g. lining children up in boy, girl lines. Consider the bullying that may occur. Have a look at Stone Wall website educating on identities.

Mental health too - this is huge! so important that children feel safe in school. Look at ROAR Mental Health training website and even statistics to support this evidence.
Hope this helps, if you have any more questions or want any more ideas, just message! 😊

(Original post by meowlucy99)
I have to research current educational issues in primary education for an interview for university. Any idea on what I could look at or good websites to use? Thanks!
meowlucy99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by karen193)
Have a look at the website 'more than a score' : they campaign against testing children.

SEN needs are always a good area to consider- it's on the rise!

EAL is another area worth looking at- visit the website NALDIC or The Bell Foundation

A large one at the moment is Corona virus and the impact this has had on pupil learning - there should be some statistics online.

Also look at children's identities- pronouns, how they choose to identify and the issues surrounding this e.g. lining children up in boy, girl lines. Consider the bullying that may occur. Have a look at Stone Wall website educating on identities.

Mental health too - this is huge! so important that children feel safe in school. Look at ROAR Mental Health training website and even statistics to support this evidence.
Hope this helps, if you have any more questions or want any more ideas, just message! 😊
That's all really useful! I will have a look - thanks so much! 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads