How To Stop Distractions To Stop Procrastinating

Watch
username5491034
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i got mocks in a week ,I am very stress so my brain deals with this by doing anything that distracts me from the test(youtube ,games and other staff ) when makes it so i get no work done and makes me more stressed. i know i am going to fail my Mocks my planning for the real one what can i do to stop this and what makes me more stress is that the real one my not happen and i have to use clearing or adjustment to get in to uni

username5491034
Rep:
?
I am in Year 13 and not doing well at all not academically or mentally time is going so fast and slow at the same
Muaaz01
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
just imagine where you're gonna be in a year or two and how you could have avoided that by revising right now and getting it over and then with.

Good Luck
ArunC11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello,
The advice I would have for you is to HIDE ALL PHONES AND TABLETS when studying, as this helps me a lot.
Sometimes procrastination could arise due to the lack of sleep, so it would be best to work on your sleep routine.
You should perhaps try the 25 minute pure concentration and 5 minutes break method (works best without phone use) as this could help significantly.
deep_learning
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think this just comes down to discipline. If you 'want' to do well. You will do it regardless of whether your phone is there in front of you or turned off and put away. Stop thinking about excuses and just sit down, get the work done. It's as simple as that.
username5491034
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArunC11)
Hello,
The advice I would have for you is to HIDE ALL PHONES AND TABLETS when studying, as this helps me a lot.
Sometimes procrastination could arise due to the lack of sleep, so it would be best to work on your sleep routine.
You should perhaps try the 25 minute pure concentration and 5 minutes break method (works best without phone use) as this could help significantly.
i will HIDE ALL PHONES AND TABLETS but the 25 min thing but i will only do this for like 2 days and get burn out badly but thank you i will try that
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sadly only you can really get yourself out of this one. You’ve just got to start somewhere and realise than anything will be better than nothing. Don’t fuss about getting perfect notes or covering every topic right now, just make a start.
username5491034
Rep:
?
(Original post by deep_learning)
I think this just comes down to discipline. If you 'want' to do well. You will do it regardless of whether your phone is there in front of you or turned off and put away. Stop thinking about excuses and just sit down, get the work done. It's as simple as that.
easier said than done also the fact that i dont "want" but have to
deep_learning
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by existentialdered)
easier said than done also the fact that i dont "want" but have to
I know. I've been there. And currently am back in this situation for something else.
username5491034
Rep:
?
(Original post by deep_learning)
I know. I've been there. And currently am back in this situation for something else.
I whish you all the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads