Calendar99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

does anyone know the conversion for LSHTM or University of London, to the Canadian grade system. Every uni has different requirements for a 2:1, 2:2, etc. Most schools I've seen accept a 3.0/4.0 as a 2:1.
Zitka
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Calendar99)
Hi,

does anyone know the conversion for LSHTM or University of London, to the Canadian grade system. Every uni has different requirements for a 2:1, 2:2, etc. Most schools I've seen accept a 3.0/4.0 as a 2:1.
I don't know what you're studying but for medicine, we were recommended by the UKFPO to use the Graduate Recruitment Bureau for international degree equivalents. For a 2:1 UK degree, they list 3.5/4.0 for a 3-year Bachelor's degree and 3.1/4.0 for a 4-year Bachelor's degree.
https://www.grb.uk.com/recruiter-res...ee-equivalents
Calendar99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Zitka)
I don't know what you're studying but for medicine, we were recommended by the UKFPO to use the Graduate Recruitment Bureau for international degree equivalents. For a 2:1 UK degree, they list 3.5/4.0 for a 3-year Bachelor's degree and 3.1/4.0 for a 4-year Bachelor's degree.
https://www.grb.uk.com/recruiter-res...ee-equivalents
I wanted to apply for the Msc control of infectious disease. The website is helpful, but some unis like Edinburgh require a 3.5/4.0 for a 2:1, its so confusing.
Zitka
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Calendar99)
I wanted to apply for the Msc control of infectious disease. The website is helpful, but some unis like Edinburgh require a 3.5/4.0 for a 2:1, its so confusing.
Oh I see, I misunderstood and I thought you had a UK bachelor's but you want to apply for MSc programmes in Canada.

So you have a 4-year Canadian bachelor's degree but you're applying to the LSHTM MSc? I had a look at their website and found, "There is no single grading system used at national or provincial level [in Canada]. Please contact us before applying to see if you have an acceptable GPA." The admissions team email is [email protected] and "for advice as to the suitability of your qualifications. Please ensure that you include full details of your qualification, including the full, untranslated title and awarding institution, as well as information about the programme content and assessment structure." For the part about programme content and assessment structure, I'd hazard a guess that a transcript would suffice.

Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (10)
14.71%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (12)
17.65%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (31)
45.59%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (12)
17.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads