My boyfriend allowed a girl to sit on his lap?

Watch
Shweetyyy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Me and my boyfriend have been dating for 3 years, we both moved and go to uni in the same city but it’s just different university so that means we have to get accommodation.
He’s in flag with 3 girls and 2 boys (I have no issue with him being in a flat with them) but recently they took a group picture together and one of the girls was sat on my boyfriend lap?
I asked about this and he said it was a quick thing and he did not want to make things awkward?
Is allowing another female to sit his lap cheating ? If not what can I do to show him that for me this was unacceptable
r7kytt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Deffo cheating, I’d do something if I was you
SomeWelshGuy123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shweetyyy)
Is allowing another female to sit his lap cheating ? If not what can I do to show him that for me this was unacceptable
How are you of age to go to Uni but childish enough to consider that cheating? She's presumably a mate, not some random girl.
EU Yakov
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it's iffy ngl

"cheating" is a strong word. ppl throw it around too much

surprised ur even together given the move to uni etc
ashtolga23
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s not cheating and weirdly I know of a similar circumstance. It sounds like it was over very quickly and he didn’t see it as anything, so I wouldn’t worry, but it’s very fair to be uncomfortable. I’ve done that with friends before but it’s very obvious that there’s nothing between us romantically or sexually.

I’d just ask him to change this in future and be more aware of your feelings.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Of course it’s not cheating, unless he aspires do do much more than this.
username402722
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not cheating but in very poor taste, assuming it was just a few seconds.
Shweetyyy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
[QUOTE=SomeWelshGuy123;92346922]How are you of age to go to Uni but childish enough to consider that cheating? She's presumably a mate, not some random girl.

Idk if your a guy or girl but imagine seeing ur significant other sat on the opposite gender lap and I’m not saying it’s cheating but if your fine with seeing that then your just weird
DR.DOOM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SomeWelshGuy123)
How are you of age to go to Uni but childish enough to consider that cheating? She's presumably a mate, not some random girl.
LOL nice bait, but in all seriousness what did you think when you posted this? think deep and hard for a moment if you were in the same situation because its likely you wouldn't act like this at all
lily__t
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
dumped!
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s not cheating, but I think it’s weak on his part and disrespectful on her side if she knows he has a girlfriend.
Jaunty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Red flag if she feels comfortable enough to do it.
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
ngl I’d be a bit jealous
SomeWelshGuy123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shweetyyy)
(Original post by SomeWelshGuy123)

Idk if your a guy or girl but imagine seeing ur significant other sat on the opposite gender lap and I’m not saying it’s cheating but if your fine with seeing that then your just weird
I'm not weird, I just act like an adult. If you are upset that your s/o sits on a mate's lap, you aren't mature enough for a proper relationship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (37)
17.45%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (62)
29.25%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (82)
38.68%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
12.26%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.36%

Watched Threads