Cheaters and second chances

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Do you believe in "Once a cheater always a cheater" or do you think "Everyone deserves a second chance"? Why do you think this?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I got cheated on before but it wasn’t physical, it was through nudes. I gave them a second chance and even went onto having sex with them again

I feel like if it was done physically then I’ll probably not take them back again
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If people do want to change they most certainly have the ability to.
That said nobody is obligated to give anyone else a second chance. Especially when there are so many lovely people in the world who havent cheated.
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think both are true. Previous behaviour is certainly an indication of how you might behave in the future. However people can also reform. Second chances are an honourable concept but it does depend on how serious what they did in the first place is, how repentant they are and how you feel about it.
Diallo derin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
why someone cheat ? if your partern cheat on you , ask yourself why did he or she do it ? so why someone cheat in your opinion?
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Both are just throwaway phrases inspired by fear tbh, meaningless, you judge someone on their merits and mistakes.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Both are just throwaway phrases inspired by fear tbh, meaningless, you judge someone on their merits and mistakes.
Dint think they are meaningless nor do I think they are inspired by fear.

Back to the OP. It depends on you, them and what happened.
One thing you do know is that if someone has cheated that is a fact where it came to something important they put themselves before you or the relationship, thus its hard to move past that feeling of betrayal. You can never quite trust them in the same way, which is really dull.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Dint think they are meaningless nor do I think they are inspired by fear.

Back to the OP. It depends on you, them and what happened.
One thing you do know is that if someone has cheated that is a fact where it came to something important they put themselves before you or the relationship, thus its hard to move past that feeling of betrayal. You can never quite trust them in the same way, which is really dull.
I do, but we already kinda covered that I feel people hide behind unrealistic absolutes like those to avoid choice. That's obv subjective and another discussion though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.49%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.57%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (90)
37.82%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.61%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.52%

Watched Threads