The Student Room Group

do you give all your card detail on phone to student finance?

Hello, i rang up the student finance regarding the maintenance loan and they wanted my card detail on phone , he asked for the the card number, acc number, sort code and CVC back digit number. Is this allow? I gave this to him but i am worry that he can use my detail to make purchase online after i received the maintenance loan.
I'm not entirely sure about student finance but I've always been told to not give anyone my card number or CVC number. I think they shouldn't have asked for them either so I think you might get scammed. Just try calling them up again and ask why they asked for all those details since they only need to ask for the account number and sort code.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, i rang up the student finance regarding the maintenance loan and they wanted my card detail on phone , he asked for the the card number, acc number, sort code and CVC back digit number. Is this allow? I gave this to him but i am worry that he can use my detail to make purchase online after i received the maintenance loan.

I don't know who you called, but it sure as hell wasn't SFE.

Quick Reply