Clevely
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all, I am hoping I can receive some positive advice today. I am 38 and left school without any GCSEs and want to be a paramedic but I am so unsure what uni to go to or if I could get a place. I am currently working in beauty and massage. I hold a level 2-3 in beauty and level 4 in laser therapies. I have recently completed a level 3 in health and social care this year and was thinking will this help me or will I need to complete GCSEs and a science A- level to be excepted I live in Essex so I’m looking for any uni that will except me onto a paramedic course. Has anyone got any knowledge of how I can progress forward in this industry
de-culus
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
here is the UCAS info: https://www.ucas.com/careers-advice/...me-a/paramedic

You will need at least 5 GCSEs with grades in the C-A range. Usually, this should include mathematics, science, and english language/literature. If you get a C in English literature, English Language, Maths, and Triple Science then you're good to go.

Whether or not universities accept your level 3 in Health and Social care depends. If you want to increase your chances then you should get good grades in 3 A-Levels (how high the grades should be depends on the univeristy) with at least 1 science (e.g. Biology/Chemistry/Physics). After this, you will be able to get into uni to become a paramedic.

Go onto the websites of univeristies that interest you and check out their entry requirements, after that you can contact them and ask them if they'll accept your qualifications.
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have a look at universities you're interested in studying at, I imagine a lot of them will expect GCSE English and maths at C or above (or whatever the numerical grade is these days) or equivalent qualifications. You may also need to do an access to healthcare course, lots of colleges run these courses and people who do these courses are usually well prepared for university.
Clevely
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (338)
55.87%
I don't have everything I need (267)
44.13%

Watched Threads