Friend approach to dating

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Why is it that many guys get to know a girl as friends over a long time (and they develop feelings) then when they tell her she rejects him?
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because...they're different people? Just because one person has grown to fancy the other, doesn't mean it'll necessarily be reciprocated.
Lots of people generally get rejected by other people, even people they know well.
username5484956
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The issue with having a female friend or opposite gender is sometimes one side catches feelings - and the other either is not attracted or doesn’t want a relationship. It happens often and had it myself with a girl I was friends with.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by DrEwanA)
The issue with having a female friend or opposite gender is sometimes one side catches feelings - and the other either is not attracted or doesn’t want a relationship. It happens often and had it myself with a girl I was friends with.
I think it’s very common and normally the guy catches feelings. And the girl knows it.
username5484956
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think it’s very common and normally the guy catches feelings. And the girl knows it.
It happens with girls also towards guys. However, it might be slightly less common
Driftway
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Why is it that many guys get to know a girl as friends over a long time (and they develop feelings) then when they tell her she rejects him?
oh, i actually read something about this yesterday. Its something to do with the way male and female brains respond differently to relationships.
Men do not typically develop emotional connections with other men in friendships whereas women do.
Therefore when men experience this they connect it to a romantic relationship and whereas women just see it as a friendship.
tashkent46
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A lot of men are pussies too scared to let their real intentions known right away then eventually get burned when they muster the courage
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.54%
I don't have everything I need (261)
44.46%

Watched Threads