zchojecka02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I’m thinking of applying for a MORSE degree at these two universities. They have the same grade requirements (apart from Warwick wanting you to take a step exam). But will Warwick look better to employers than Southampton? Personally I’m kind of leaning towards soton but I’d like to hear some opinions. Also if you study at these universities and especially if you study MORSE what do you think?
Joelodgeee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by zchojecka02)
I’m thinking of applying for a MORSE degree at these two universities. They have the same grade requirements (apart from Warwick wanting you to take a step exam). But will Warwick look better to employers than Southampton? Personally I’m kind of leaning towards soton but I’d like to hear some opinions. Also if you study at these universities and especially if you study MORSE what do you think?
I’ve applied to both of those! Personally I feel Warwick will be much better in terms of how prestigious it is compared to soton, but to be honest that’s not the most important thing considering which uni you should pick. For me personally though I’m set on Warwick, so hopefully I receive an offer!
There’s a decent chance I wont get an offer for Warwick though, as I don’t take further maths, although I’m taking the AEA maths exam, which they list in their alternative offers section as also being acceptable. (Currently have grades A*A*A for reference) So if I get an offer from Warwick and Southampton i’ll likely firm Warwick and set Southampton as insurance.
(Taking STEP would’ve meant teaching myself AS further maths and I’m already behind enough with school because of lockdown whcih is the reason I’m doing the AEA and not STEP btw)
Also, I’m set on being an actuary, and with MORSE at Warwick they clearly state that you can gain all 6 exam exemptions for the basic actuarial exams, but Southampton doesn’t make it very clear at all what exemptions they can provide.
erinx0076
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you know if there is a group chat for morse at Southampton or Warwick?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
26.67%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.33%
No I am happy with my choice (85)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.33%

Watched Threads