My father decides its ok to live without money and food for both of us

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My father is getting £100 a week after he quit his job. I am giving £100 towards the bills, food everyweek. I'm just frustrated with this post.

He has almost £40000 in bank account savings.

He will also get pension government money in the next 2-3 years and that an heathy amount.

His house mortgage has been paid off. He is fine now and he is fine for the future.

We have spoken about this before, in the last 4 months, morning, afternoon and evening all he has been complaining about is money when he has money coming in, we are contributing, he is fine and fine for the future.

Now I need a cheap car to keep my job and he says 'he has no money' and 'its my fault' and 'I get another job'.

I need to travel the various places to my job and I cannot get a small loan too and I have no savings, which is my fault. I will not get another job and be penniless in the next few months and he will hit the roof.

I won't have no money, people are losing their jobs and will. He needs the money. Its ridiculous as he only depends on me for money now. So he'd rather so both of us have no money then?
________________________________ ________________________________ ________________
AND HE NEEDS MONEY!, so to save my job, he isn't even willing to save both of our lives, yes our entire lives and cannot even give towards a £400 or £500 car and will not give train money. I say this, I'm the only one who can help him.

________________________________ _______

Does my father think? He watched on the news the people losing jobs and the incredible distress on their faces.

He keeps saying 'he got no money' and 'I get a new job'. When its hard to get a new job now and people are losing their jobs.

So I cannot give any money towards bills or food. He gets aggressive if he doesn't have money.

So logically, he would see both of us live without money and food? He relies on me for money.

He's been crying about money. He phoned his old workplace in desperation. Surely he would just buy me a cheap car? Then he says insurance, which I can pay weekly or monthly, which is very low as I've been driving for ages.

But he is making a decision and that decision mean both of us will have to go without food and he has no money to pay bills. He complains so much about money, so he decides to make a decision where we are without money. Which he can easily save the situation .

Without a car, no job. And believe me I've been applying for other jobs for months.

I cannot move out because I need this job, buy why is he being so negative and irreponsible?
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm sorry to hear about this. :console: Do you have any other family that could help you get a car?
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How old are you?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Forget about car, 2 weeks of bus money, to save him? Its for him? Surely he needs money so he would give some transport money.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (10)
15.63%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (12)
18.75%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (28)
43.75%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (11)
17.19%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.69%

Watched Threads