Hadziun
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So, I'm in year 13 and study Biology, Physics and Sport. Today the head of sixth form came up to me and told me that they booted me off physics due failing an exam.

I have been struggling with physics, but I started to do more work and feel like I improved. I think the issue is I have two teachers in one of the lessons, I'm engaging with the teacher and actively try to learn, but for me the other teacher is really bad, (this is the teacher I failed the exam for) he never really gets involved in the lesson and is usually in a bad mood.

Basically I want to know if they can rightfully boot me off the course half-way through yr13? Surely if they knew I wouldn't succeed they would have told me I couldn't continue the course at the end of yr12.
ᴜʟᴛʀᴏɴ
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You are right, if they didn't take you off before going into year 13 they can't just take you off the course mid-year. I think you should try speak to someone and get yourself back where you belong. You should also consider that they did not look at the fact that you may improve, which I feel is the most important thing. So definitely speak to someone in college, I am sure they will be able to help.
Hadziun
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ᴜʟᴛʀᴏɴ)
You are right, if they didn't take you off before going into year 13 they can't just take you off the course mid-year. I think you should try speak to someone and get yourself back where you belong. You should also consider that they did not look at the fact that you may improve, which I feel is the most important thing. So definitely speak to someone in college, I am sure they will be able to help.
Thanks, I'm going to speak to them tomorrow. Hopefully they let me continue the course.
ᴜʟᴛʀᴏɴ
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hadziun)
Thanks, I'm going to speak to them tomorrow. Hopefully they let me continue the course.
Good Luck, I look forward to hearing how it goes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (82)
18.68%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (125)
28.47%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (164)
37.36%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (55)
12.53%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
2.96%

Watched Threads