The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
electriic_ink
:hmmm:

Lol :laughing:

Do you come to my school?:s-smilie: We have had 40 new people join us...:s-smilie: the whole year has changed ...its so wierd..:s-smilie: :s-smilie: Nothing wrong with them..lol...:rolleyes:
Sine
Do you come to my school?:s-smilie: We have had 40 new people join us...:s-smilie: the whole year has changed ...its so wierd..:s-smilie: :s-smilie: Nothing wrong with them..lol...:rolleyes:

Maybe :ninja:
My revised version:
1) Only now really getting to know everyone. Most people seem to be in really solid friendship groups.
2) Having to come in to registration, even though I have a 2 hour free on friday morning. Rarely yet have I spent more than 1 hour of it working.
3) Annoying History teacher who lectures us for 2 hours solid and has been setting an endless stream of essays.
Reply 83
Three things I dislike -

1. There is no classroom space so we get taught psychology in the corner of an art /media room

2. The common room is full of oiks who cant control themsleves and think the place is a football pitch. When they get rid of these idiots , it will be fine I think.

3. Cant think of a third really.
Reply 84
Its too cold
We can't wear hoodies
Too cliquey
- Key Skills

- Tutor Consultation

-Lack of fit females.
Reply 86
- Umm my psychology teacher hasnt got a clue, i've corrected him about 6 times.
- Chemistry we're expected to know everything.
- i get three "self study periods" every two weeks, which sucks considering most other people get 14.

ahh oh well...apart from the points mentioned above i lovvvveeee sixth form. I mean what isnt there to love, you're surrounded by people you love...
Reply 87
led_zep_amh(121191)
1. The fact that GCSEs don't seem to mean anything now - we worked so hard to get them, and now they mean squat.

2. The almost cyclical kind of "A Levels are the most important thing ever - if you fail them, you'll fail at life and die miserable and rotten and alone!" The exact same thing happened during GCSEs, and now its' transferred itself to A Levels.

:rofl:

It's funny the amount of people that say GCSE means squat. I don't happen to have GSCE's and one of my friends doesn't either. Neither one of us can get jobs now. Yet all my friends that have GCSE's say "Oh they're a load of crap! They're completely useless and no one really needs them." Oh, the irony. :p:

Anyway the things I hate most about college are -
1. The facilities are rubbish
2. All the idiots that complain when the teacher tells them off for disrupting the class.
3. The complete chavy pricks that insist I'm sixteen (I'm eighteen).
Reply 88
"- Umm my psychology teacher hasnt got a clue, i've corrected him about 6 times.
- Chemistry we're expected to know everything."

Bet your teachers love you!

Havent you ever heard of good manners?
Correcting your teachers like that . Maybe thats why your chemistry teaching expects you to know everything. That way he doesnt have to get " corrected"

Ive seen some plonkers in my last school but I am beginning to think there are more here than there!
Well, there're several things I don't like about my school, but I still think it's great here :smile:.

1) The common room is rubbish (but they're presently in the middle of building a bigger, much nicer area)
2) Loads of homework, but can't really complain.
3) Having to apply for everything, but that was more annoying in Lower 6th
4) JUNIORS!! And I mean 7-11 year-olds. Although the new Yr 7s are already annoying me too...and they have a different uniform to the rest of the school so they're easily distinguishable. Seriously, one of them just barged right into me the other day then just continued to run off.
5) One of my biology teachers. Though she's the only teacher I'm not happy with, unlike last year, where I had a rubbish teacher for Chem too, and worse teachers for maths. And a really annoying econ teacher. The chem teacher no longer teaches, I switched maths groups and have much better teachers now, and dropped econ, so it's mostly good :biggrin:.
6a) Lack of last-period frees
b) general studies lessons. I've classed these together as GS has caused the former. But then I can't really complain as I brought it on myself...if I didn't do FM AS I'd have all Tuesday afternoon free and last thing Thursday free.

That seems like a lot of complaints, but a lot of them are either not so relevant nowadays (3), have improved, or will improve (1,5) or things everyone has to go through (2,6b). 4 has always been relevant, not just in 6th form, and 6a I brought on myself, so I can't really complain :smile:.
1. The way you have to wear different clothes everyday (I am like, actually running out!)
2. The work load - being set homework EVERYDAY
3. The fact that I am fasting which means I can't indulge myself with the yummy cakes and doghnuts in the Sport's Cafe :frown:
Reply 91
In all fairness
Whatever your complaints are they don't compare to mine
I have to put "xxxxxxx Learning village" on every CV I have to fill out for the rest of my life. :eek:
1. We have to do General Studies and have to actually turn up to the lesson.
2. 4/5 of my frees are double frees in the morning!
3. Chemistry is ridiculously hard.
4. Our common room is a pile of crap.
5. The fact that teachers are banging on about UCAS forms and personal statements when I have no idea what I want to do.
6. Too much work. I get set at least 4 pieces of work a day.
7. We can't go home during our frees.
8. I hardly see my closest friends anymore.

I know you said 3 things, but oh well :o:
:laugh:

Pretty much same here - I'm doing five subjects so I only get one lesson where I'm not in a class (although I'm not doing General Studies, so that frees up a block on my timetable :cool:). It's stupid though since we're not allowed to call it a "free period" - it's a "study period", when you're meant to study. You don't have to though, you can go into town if you want, as long as all the work gets done. In what way is that different to a "free period"? :confused:

I'm not sure about my most annoying things, but probably:

1. Staff keep setting homework every night for the next day. I don't object to working hard, but everything feels so "bitty". I'd rather be given a chunk of work to do over a fortnight; at least then I could do the whole job in one go.

2. Half the meetings are at 1:00pm when lunch starts at 12:50pm - you don't have time to run to Greggs (the nearest food outlet) in that time, so you have to sit and do nothing. Even then, there's no guarantee that you'll get lunch since you don't know how long the meeting will last!

3. I have to get up at 5:45am to catch the bus (which gets there half an hour early since they haven't altered the timings, which they said they would for this year). :frown:

Mind you, all of these are pretty trivial. On the whole, I'm enjoying the lessons and the atmosphere. :smile:
Reply 94
barries
"- Umm my psychology teacher hasnt got a clue, i've corrected him about 6 times.
- Chemistry we're expected to know everything."

Bet your teachers love you!

Havent you ever heard of good manners?
Correcting your teachers like that . Maybe thats why your chemistry teaching expects you to know everything. That way he doesnt have to get " corrected"

Ive seen some plonkers in my last school but I am beginning to think there are more here than there!

To be fair....he's a stereotypical PE teacher...he hasnt got a clue about anything other than PE...he spent a whole lesson reading wikipedia trying to teach himself how to do something...whilst he told us to go away and leave him alone. I'm sorry but i think the bloke is an absolute moron who just happens to be a **** psychology teacher.

And...yes on the whole most teachers do tend to like me, why? becuase believe it or not i have heard of good manners.
Gosh, all you people saying you can't go home during frees and are supervised etc..I would never be able to cope like that! College is all about freedom and being more independent..Boy am I glad I chose to ditch my school's sixth form and go to an actual college :biggrin:
Critical Thinking
The workload
Its much more cliquey than year 7-11 although its in the same school.
Reply 97
"To be fair....he's a stereotypical PE teacher...he hasnt got a clue about anything other than PE...he spent a whole lesson reading wikipedia trying to teach himself how to do something...whilst he told us to go away and leave him alone. I'm sorry but i think the bloke is an absolute moron who just happens to be a **** psychology teacher."

Then maybe your issue should not be with correcting him but with your school who havent given you a proper psychology teacher.

I hate it when schools think that they can just put any old teacher in front of the class and you have a whatever lesson it is teacher. They did that at my old school and we had RE teachers who were really geography teachers and geography teachers teaching pysics ( both poorly).

At least my psychology teacher is OK - I think , not that I know much about it to know whether I was told right or not. She has a Ph.D in the subject so I suppose she does know her stuff.

My maths teacher is a bit weak. Really we should have another bloke but he lost the head of dept to this woman last year and is now teaching lower school but he is a far better maths teacher. I wouldnt tell my maths teacher that she was **** though. She is but I wouldnt tell her.

Sorry you got a **** psycholgy teacher.
SofinaaBabess
Gosh, all you people saying you can't go home during frees and are supervised etc..I would never be able to cope like that! College is all about freedom and being more independent..Boy am I glad I chose to ditch my school's sixth form and go to an actual college :biggrin:

That is the view I had at first and then I tried a standard college and hated it. I definately think the reason I made so many great friends - close friends - at college was because we couldn't leave so we would sit with people in frees or at lunch in the canteen / quad and chat. Whereas at the more standard college I went to, everyone who disappear after their classes so you never really spoke to anyone other than the people who knew from your lessons or from before college.

So, whilst I listed the supervised frees, it was the fact that (especially in the summer term) the teachers would shush us rather than the fact we had to stay in college. We found ways around it - the sixth form careers office became our free room as the careers guy was only in on Thursdays. :biggrin:
Reply 99
1) Being the "Guinea Pig" year: We got the naff uniform, no prom, no trips,etc

2) Assemblies. When a certain teacher resembling Mr Bean walked in we would all groan and sink into our chairs simultaneously.

3) Prefect duties. We used to have to guard the doors at breaktime to make sure angry kids didn't get it. It could get violent, especially in winter when they could throw iceballs at the doors.

Latest

Trending

Trending