Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    South Korea would like to immediately send their condolences to Pakistan in light of today's atrocity and hope that the scourge of terrorism can be defeated in the region.

(Original post by Birchington)
    South Korea would like to immediately send their condolences to Pakistan in light of today's atrocity and hope that the scourge of terrorism can be defeated in the region.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=663309

ReputationRep:
    Luxembourg the same...but what's the rules on Condolences threads right now?

ReputationRep:
    Beat me too it

Can Crag or the new SG (still no idea to vote for...) set up the MUN Condolences thread sometime?

ReputationRep:
    The representative for the US has beaten the SG to it. The SG would like to remind South Korea of the MUN's recent change in policy regarding new threads, but simultaneously expresses thanks for taking time to raise the matter to the attention of the GA.

(Original post by Mrgd291190)
    Luxembourg the same...but what's the rules on Condolences threads right now?
    I've updated the charter. A line has been included quite near the beginning

And regarding the new thread - I think I'll leave that to the new SG's discretion/preference/style etc.

ReputationRep:
    Liechtenstein, while noting that this thread is no longer in keeping with charter, believes that a period of transition is necessary and inevitable.

We strongly sympathise with those affected by the recent terrorist attacks, and offer our thoughts to those left bereaved. We furthermore condemn these attacks out of hand.

(Original post by ukebert)
    Liechtenstein, while noting that this thread is no longer in keeping with charter, believes that a period of transition is necessary and inevitable.
    The US does not agree with this and, although thanks South Korea for alerting the MUN GA to this vile act, believes that resolutions should and must be rigidly adhered to. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Biggles)
    The US does not agree with this and, although thanks South Korea for alerting the MUN GA to this vile act, believes that resolutions should and must be rigidly adhered to. :shifty:
    True, Liechtenstein was saying that it is only to be expected that people will get it wrong at first, and that they should not be penalised for it

Sorry if Liechtenstein was unclear.

(Original post by ukebert)
    True, Liechtenstein was saying that it is only to be expected that people will get it wrong at first, and that they should not be penalised for it

Sorry if Liechtenstein was unclear.
    No apologies, I now understand what you meant. This thread should probably be stickied as the "No condolences" thread! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Fortunately there weren't ever going to be penalties (unless we had a serial condolence thread starter :eek3:) - just a notification and thread closure.

Speaking of...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.