studies or hobbies!?!?

Watch
cheese toes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey!
I'm 15 ,female in year 11 at secondary school and really struggle in school. especially with maths I just find it mega hard! I recently got a maths tutor, but he's very expensive and I'm thinking of dropping him to rejoin dance. I used to LOVE dance class and have regretted quitting ever since I did a couple years ago. I can't afford both what should I pick, dance or maths tutor!?!?!?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I'm assuming you haven't completed your GCSEs yet, so I'd suggest that if you feel you need his help to pass your GCSE maths (unfortunately colleges + unis are really big on you having at least passed it) maybe keep going with your tutoring sessions, and then rejoining dance classes once you've completed the exam.
However, if you either aren't planning to go to college/6th form or university, or you feel like you could at least pass the exam yourself, maybe rejoin dance now. It's up to you, maybe make a list of pros and cons of each and weigh them against each other.

Hope what ever you pick goes well for you
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would recommend keeping the maths tutor if you're struggling :hugs: If they're a good maths tutor they should be able to help you with any harder concepts.
I had to repeat maths in sixth form and it just took up extra time (passed second time around though) :yep:
SkyCodes
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would recommend either keeping the maths tutor or finding someone else, maybe even a friend if they are willing to help and then depending on what you choose to do there, do or don't go back to dance. I hope this helps you in some way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (314)
56.07%
I don't have everything I need (246)
43.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise