anisha211
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi! so basically i'm an international student and i'm applying to study aero engineering at scottish unis. i'm done writing my personal statement and my application is about to be sent in by my school but i don't know if it is good enough. i've tried my best and really tried reflecting on why i'm interested in the course and why i'm an ideal candidate but i don't know if its persuasive and decent enough. so i was just wondering if i get the grades (maybe even better than the actual requirement) how likely am i to get an offer? a few people told me that because i'm an international student, i'm going to be giving the uni my money so i have a fairly good chance of getting even, without it having to be anything to do with academics? is this true? thank you
MEXING
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anisha211)
hi! so basically i'm an international student and i'm applying to study aero engineering at scottish unis. i'm done writing my personal statement and my application is about to be sent in by my school but i don't know if it is good enough. i've tried my best and really tried reflecting on why i'm interested in the course and why i'm an ideal candidate but i don't know if its persuasive and decent enough. so i was just wondering if i get the grades (maybe even better than the actual requirement) how likely am i to get an offer? a few people told me that because i'm an international student, i'm going to be giving the uni my money so i have a fairly good chance of getting even, without it having to be anything to do with academics? is this true? thank you
I think it depends on the university. If you are applying to elite universities like Oxbridge, St Andrews etc. it will be difficult to get in regardless of how much money you have.

I dont think you should worry. As long as you have done your best, then that is what matters. Good luck
anisha211
Rep:
?
(Original post by MEXING)
I think it depends on the university. If you are applying to elite universities like Oxbridge, St Andrews etc. it will be difficult to get in regardless of how much money you have.

I dont think you should worry. As long as you have done your best, then that is what matters. Good luck
thank you for the advice! im applying to three courses at glasgow uni, one at strathclyde and one at edinburgh soooo idk
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anisha211)
The personal statement is part of the application so it is worth something, however for engineering it is mainly your grades that secure your offer. If you meet or exceed the entry requirements you are very likely to receive an offer. Suitably qualified applicants simply don't have trouble with getting offers to study engineering. But certainly don't ignore the personal statement.
anisha211
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smack)
The personal statement is part of the application so it is worth something, however for engineering it is mainly your grades that secure your offer. If you meet or exceed the entry requirements you are very likely to receive an offer. Suitably qualified applicants simply don't have trouble with getting offers to study engineering. But certainly don't ignore the personal statement.
oh okay thank you so much!! I don't think my personal statement is bad or anything - I definitely didn't ignore it - but I feel like something is missing and I don't know what it is. I feel like it could be better for sure I just din't know where the mistakes and room for improvement is 😶
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (307)
55.72%
I don't have everything I need (244)
44.28%

Watched Threads