I am not invited to my friends party

Watch
Jake537
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My friend is having a party once lockdown is over and I am not invited. His other friend that's muslim who's going did a sky dive for charity last year and I am not invited because I said something about his sky dive.

When he went up in the plane I said as a joke to people that were watching that he's got a bomb someone needs to stop him quickly. It was a joke and everyone went mad I know I shouldn't have said it now, not many people share my sense of humour.

But it's a year later and I am not invited because of it. Is my friend being unreasonable? I've already apologised.
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jake537)
My friend is having a party once lockdown is over and I am not invited. His other friend that's muslim who's going did a sky dive for charity last year and I am not invited because I said something about his sky dive.

When he went up in the plane I said as a joke to people that were watching that he's got a bomb someone needs to stop him quickly. It was a joke and everyone went mad I know I shouldn't have said it now, not many people share my sense of humour.

But it's a year later and I am not invited because of it. Is my friend being unreasonable? I've already apologised.
You played yourself.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I think that it is a bit sensitive on their behalf. It was a joke and clearly not one meant that was supposed to be offensive.

But you have to be careful what you say around certain people because it's obvious that they didn't realize you were joking. There's not much you can do. If they don't want you there, you can't go, end of story really.
SkyCodes
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have also been left out of parties but for smaller things, I have always wondered what to do myself sometimes. In some occasions I accept that I haven't been invited and later invite them to my parties to try and make them realise that I really feel they are a close friend and hope that changes their mind for next time however, I don't know whether that would be a great idea in this situation and if I was in your position I would really want to go to a party after lockdown as it feels so awkward at the moment so I hope part of this is helpful in some kind of way.
Even if you cannot do anything, at least you learnt a lesson, right?
Last edited by SkyCodes; 1 month ago
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's not that they don't share your sense of humour, it's just that they're not horribly islamaphobic like you are

No wonder they don't want you there
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
"I'm not invited to a party!"

"Whyever not?"

"Those bigoted things I said!"
Peter Barlow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I said as a joke to people that were watching that he's got a bomb someone needs to stop him quickly.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 😂
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago

You can either take kit on the chin and find something else to do or decide the person isnt your friend and find ones with your sense of humour?

You were a jerk, but punishing you a year on seems petty.
Ukiyomo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Get friends with the same sense of humour bud, it really shouldn't be that big a deal. Especially with an apology.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.16%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
27.63%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (63)
41.45%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.63%

Watched Threads