KayleighBrad
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've misunderstood one of my grades,I thought a Merit in applied science was a B and its not,its a C. Meaning my predicted grades are now BCC. So I've applied to BBC and BBB grade courses with one DDD course thinking I was applying with the right predicted grades and turns out I've got one grade lower then what I was expecting..so have I messed up? Or is it likely I'll still be accepted into one,honestly any reassurance would be nice because to say I'm panicking is an understatement
Thank you
raquelthestudent
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what are you applying for?
KayleighBrad
Rep:
?
Forensic Psychology
jammypop101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has it been sent to UCAS or has your school/college received it? If your college has got it then they’ll most likely return in back and you can then correct it and then send it off as your college will have a look through the application before it gets sent off
KayleighBrad
Rep:
?
(Original post by jammypop101)
Has it been sent to UCAS or has your school/college received it? If your college has got it then they’ll most likely return in back and you can then correct it and then send it off as your college will have a look through the application before it gets sent off
Its already been sent off,I had no idea about that misunderstood grade or I would have changed things before it was sent,I'm worrying so much
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by KayleighBrad)
I've misunderstood one of my grades,I thought a Merit in applied science was a B and its not,its a C. Meaning my predicted grades are now BCC. So I've applied to BBC and BBB grade courses with one DDD course thinking I was applying with the right predicted grades and turns out I've got one grade lower then what I was expecting..so have I messed up? Or is it likely I'll still be accepted into one,honestly any reassurance would be nice because to say I'm panicking is an understatement
Thank you
If your predicted grades are BCC and you are applying to BBC and BBB unis in Psychology, you still have a good chance of getting conditional offers. The BBC uni in particular is very close and unis do show some flexibility with predicted grades apart from for the most competitive unis.

You are very likely to get some offers, especially as you have a safety choice too. Remember you can only end up with one Firm and one Insurance choice so it doesn't matter if you get the odd rejection.

If it got sent off within the last 14 days you may be able to substitute a choice but if not, don't worry.
Last edited by harrysbar; 1 month ago
KayleighBrad
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
If your predicted grades are BCC and you are applying to BBC and BBB unis in Psychology, you still have a good chance of getting conditional offers. The BBC uni in particular is very close and unis do show some flexibility with predicted grades apart from for the most competitive unis.

You are very likely to get some offers, especially as you have a safety choice too. Remember you can only end up with one Firm and one Insurance choice so it doesn't matter if you get the odd rejection.

If it got sent off within the last 14 days you may be able to substitute a choice but if not, don't worry.
It was sent off today,I did see the 'substitute' option but I had no idea what to do and I didn't want to risk it.This has made me feel a little better thank you,I'm just so worried about getting into uni and I have no idea how strict they are with grades
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It was sent off today,I did see the 'substitute' option but I had no idea what to do and I didn't want to risk it.This has made me feel a little better thank you,I'm just so worried about getting into uni and I have no idea how strict they are with grades
Well you could substitute one or more of the BBB choices if you want - this is what it says on the UCAS website:
You can swap a choice for a different one within 14 days of the date on your welcome email. You can only swap each choice once.

Within 14 days of the date on your welcome email you can swap the choice in Track. The 14 day period starts from the day you receive your email.

I would only swap a choice if there are other unis that you would genuinely want to go to. If not, I would just take the risk as most unis at that level aren't that strict. However, it's up to you
KayleighBrad
Rep:
?
Well you could substitute one or more of the BBB choices if you want - this is what it says on the UCAS website:
You can swap a choice for a different one within 14 days of the date on your welcome email. You can only swap each choice once.

Within 14 days of the date on your welcome email you can swap the choice in Track. The 14 day period starts from the day you receive your email.

I would only swap a choice if there are other unis that you would genuinely want to go to. If not, I would just take the risk as most unis at that level aren't that strict. However, it's up to you
I've substituted a uni that I like for a more realistic uni,its one I had applied for anyway and had a course I was thinking of doing but hadn't actually put it as a choice,so now I have 2 courses that are lower then my predicted,both of which are really interesting.Hopefully this increases my chances of getting into a university,thank you for the advice!
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've substituted a uni that I like for a more realistic uni,its one I had applied for anyway and had a course I was thinking of doing but hadn't actually put it as a choice,so now I have 3 courses that are lower then my predicted,both of which are really interesting.Hopefully this increases my chances of getting into a university,thank you for the advice!
That's ok, I feel confident you will get some good offers
KayleighBrad
Rep:
?
That's ok, I feel confident you will get some good offers
You have no idea how much better that makes me feel 😅
Ttyl247
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Btec grades and a levels are a bit different, i wouldn’t worry about it tbh because a merit on btec is still a good achievement. A lot of universities do accept merits so don’t worry girl x
KayleighBrad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ttyl247)
Btec grades and a levels are a bit different, i wouldn’t worry about it tbh because a merit on btec is still a good achievement. A lot of universities do accept merits so don’t worry girl x
Thank you so much! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.42%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.52%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
40.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.68%

Watched Threads