Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i have a presentation tomorrow and i feel so sick and nervous. any tips to overcome this?
katherine04
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi. Presentations are horrible, but they do get better with practice. The main way I have learnt to overcome this fear is to to be overly confident, even if you are just acting. I pretend as if I'm confident even when I'm feeling hugely nervous inside. Another tip, is to try and go as early as you can, if you're waiting for a turn to present. Hope it goes well
Anonymous #1
(Original post by katherine04)
Hi. Presentations are horrible, but they do get better with practice. The main way I have learnt to overcome this fear is to to be overly confident, even if you are just acting. I pretend as if I'm confident even when I'm feeling hugely nervous inside. Another tip, is to try and go as early as you can, if you're waiting for a turn to present. Hope it goes well
thank you! do u have any tips for dealing with shaky voices?
katherine04
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
thank you! do u have any tips for dealing with shaky voices?
This is probably one of the most difficult parts of presenting, but I would definitely say some deep breaths, holding them in for 4-5 seconds whilst you're getting ready to present and just before you begin. Remember you can always take time to take some deep breaths whilst presenting to get your confidence back! Best of luck
Anonymous #1
This is probably one of the most difficult parts of presenting, but I would definitely say some deep breaths, holding them in for 4-5 seconds whilst you're getting ready to present and just before you begin. Remember you can always take time to take some deep breaths whilst presenting to get your confidence back! Best of luck
I will try & do that, thank you!
katherine04
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How did it go?
Anonymous #1
How did it go?
It went well! I felt calm throughout the majority of it & I got good feedback ) - hopefully I'll have more opportunities to do this again to improve more
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
It went well! I felt calm throughout the majority of it & I got good feedback ) - hopefully I'll have more opportunities to do this again to improve more
very happy to hear this, congratulations!!
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you practice? It can be good to ask a friend or parent if you can try the presentation out on them
Anonymous #1
very happy to hear this, congratulations!!
thank you!
katherine04
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's great! I'm really pleased for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (75)
17.81%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (121)
28.74%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.35%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed