Jessbartle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m thinking of applying to Newcastle but their entrance requirements for the course I want to do say AAA-AAB, if my predictions are AAB is there any point in me applying?
MindMax2000
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, unless the course is super competitive, I don't see a reason why you shouldn't at least try
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Be careful of 'grade ranges' like this.
Often the second grade set is for 'contextual offers' (low performing schools etc).

So never, ever, just assume that you'll get the lower offer - always check with the Uni exactly what the criteria is to get the lower offer before you apply.
something_orphic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jessbartle)
I’m thinking of applying to Newcastle but their entrance requirements for the course I want to do say AAA-AAB, if my predictions are AAB is there any point in me applying?
its definitely worth applying obviously the AAB is usually for contextual offers as someone has already stated however people frequently apply for courses w higher grade requirements than their predicted grades. Obviously if its a really highly competitive course like comp sci or law then its a bit risky but most courses yes it absolutely is worth it. A lot of it is bs anyway like unis like to have higher grade requirements than what they actually are willing to accept (it all kinda comes out in clearing).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (41)
18.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (63)
28.25%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (85)
38.12%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (29)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.24%

Watched Threads