How much do they talk about the personal statement in the maths interview?

Watch
themagicturtle
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm not the best at talking about my interests from the personal statement. Will I have to do much of it? Or not much at all?
Oxmathstutor
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by themagicturtle)
I'm not the best at talking about my interests from the personal statement. Will I have to do much of it? Or not much at all?
Hi I'm a recent maths grad from Oxford. Over all three of my interviews (two from my first choice college, and one at my second college) I was only asked one personal statement question! It was about what my favourite piece to play on the piano was and it was at the very start of my first interview. I'm sure it was only asked to make me feel more relaxed- they wouldn't have minded if I'd said my favourite piece was twinkle twinkle little star! The tutors will care a lot more about how you can answer the maths interview questions that they ask every candidate, because that's the reasonably objective way to compare everyone. However, it's still worth practising answering a few personal statement questions, so that you're not thrown by those questions. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (79)
18.29%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.7%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (162)
37.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.5%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.01%

Watched Threads